cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone only plays one channel- defective ear piece

joeblair
Honored Guest
When I first plugged in my rift one headphone didn't work. Upon tightening it's plastic screw it began working.

Now the other earphone has stopped working after less than 24 hrs. Tried tightening, removing, inspecting, reinstalling and restarting with no luck. Is it a dud headphone, driver issue?? Help!
8 REPLIES 8

joeblair
Honored Guest
Since my post the problem went away then came back the next day. Driver issue? Dud earpieces?

Have ticket open with support and will update as develops.

Bump...

joeblair
Honored Guest
UPDATE: I physically removed and swapped the R channel to L and vice versa. The audio then worked, and continued to do so after I swapped them back to their proper channels. Who knows what happened. I expect the audio will drop out again soon.

Jackrabbit710
Explorer
did you have any more probs? my right side has stopped working

bolod
Honored Guest
My right side has a lot of problems too !

wickedness
Honored Guest
my right side is also messed up.. well sounds like a oculus issue 

SqMonkey87
Protege
Same happened to me; came here for answers.  Is this a recurring problem for a lot of people?

SqMonkey87
Protege
For what it's worth, I also just removed and reattached the right headphone and sound is coming out of it again-- so that's something people should try for sure.

bobarhett13
Explorer
My right headphone stopped working.  No luck swapping them.  The left side works with both headphones.  Something with the connection of the right?