cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a trailer for my application.

Katianie
Honored Guest
I want to create a simple video demonstrating my application. This is a requirement for Steam Greenlight submission but also I would like to do this for my own records.

I tried using Fraps but it did not work for me and the recording was very laggy. I tried using my Elgato game capture but that does not work for the Oculus either. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

LZoltowski
Champion
Have you tried OBS? https://obsproject.com/   

People have reported good results with that.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Action! is a really good recording app and should work with Rift. It uses hardware acceleration, so should not affect performance too much. You can also try ShadowPlay if you're on Nvidia.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Katianie
Honored Guest
Never mind, I managed to do it with Fraps and it looks good. It's laggy when I use the Oculus but the final video does not have the lag surprisingly.