cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't return my Oculus Rift ? Seriously ?

soulmachine
Explorer
I ordered my Oculus Rift a few month ago and I received it on 29 Jun, last week I tried to contact the customer support to return my Rift since I think that the resolution is still too low and doesn't meet my expectation. Actually I also have  a Gear VR , and its resolution is even higher than the Rift. This is why I don't want the Rift and try to return it.

The customer support says that according to the Terms of Service, people can not return a used Rift. This is the ridiculous part, when you unbox the Rift, it becomes "used", then you can not return it. Are you kidding me ? 
32 REPLIES 32

Stairmand
Adventurer
I've reported Oculus to the UK trading standards for you to see if they are breaking distance selling rules. I'd suggest you do the same. I've also reported them for not providing a contact telephone number and the long periods of silence during RMAs.

tzuvela
Protege

I'm selling this Rfit on eBay now http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/172272552012

Well done!

I've done the same thing and now I'm waiting for DRM free, Stream VR ready OSVR HDK2
It's $399 and as a a bonus you get 2X red and blue subpixels compared to Vive and CV1
(RGB screens 🙂
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. Richard Feynman

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
walleo said:
Just wanted to add my own two cents as well. As the OP, i got my Rift and was not impressed at all. I already have the Gear VR for my samsung 7 phone and to me, the difference between the rift and the gear VR was almost non existent. For an item that cost me almost $700 this wasn't acceptable to me. I reached out to oculus that i wanted a refund and they told me the same thing. They said, since i opened it i couldn't return it, i was outraged. How else would i know if i wanted it without testing it? Needless to say, they told me they couldn't make exceptions and i was stuck with it. i had the oculus listed on amazon the next day and though it took me almost a week to sell i finally got it sold for 719 after which i was left with about 630 when amazon took out their fees. i would had made a profit had it not been for amazon's outrageous fees, all in all im only left with a $50 deficit/loss which isnt too bad. i would like to warn anybody here getting their oculus to watch out and make sure they really want this product before buying. if you already have a gear VR you might not like what you end up seeing.
Hmmm, so the added positional tracking (personally I could never go back to an HMD without positional tracking), the much higher refresh rate and the ability to play real games mean nothing to you? Ok.  

Yeah, the Rift is aimed more towards serious gamers, the crowd who just want to sit back on their work break and play a couple little Android games are better off sticking with the Gear VR.   
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan