Why has the "share page" disappeared ? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why has the "share page" disappeared ?

TaniaTania Posts: 131
Hiro Protagonist
edited May 2016 in Oculus Share
The usual "share page" has disappeared from the Rift website. It's too bad. The actual "Experience page" is a mess. It is not classified by categories, such as:  education, games, simulations ... etc, as it used to be before. Also, it seems there's no more free downloads.    Actually, many apps for free download have disappeared. 

Why this change ???   

Tania 

Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    It's been replaced by the Oculus Store. There are free and paid games on the Store.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • TaniaTania Posts: 131
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    @Cybereality ;
    Where can I find the store? Do you mean the Experience page below ???  
    https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/rift/

This is the one I am complaining about because many apps got lost.
    Thanks
    Hiro Protagonist
    Cybereality,

The support has just told me that many apps have been eliminated gradually.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You can download the Store here:
    https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

Keep in mind, many of the demos on Share have not been updated to the new SDK so they won't work anymore on the consumer software package needed to run the consumer Rift. Sorry.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    cybereality

I am confused now. I have the DK2 and the support has told me the opposite what you said. She said there are few free apps on Oculus Store but they may not work with the DK2.  If she is right, what is left for DK2 users?

Waiting for your reply.

P.S: Will have a look on your link.

Thanks

Tania

Hiro Protagonist
    @cybereality ;

Now I am confused. I have the DK2. The support told me that  the few free apps on Oculus Store may not work with the DK2.  Saying that, what is left for DK2 users. 

Also, the link you send to me, is the store ??? Or only the oculus set up for downloading the runtime ????

Waiting for your reply.

Tania 
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 669
    Neo
    Hi Tania.
    Oculus store works fine with DK2. I havent found anything that wont work yet

The Oculus home and store has given DK2 a new lease of life thats for sure. There is tonnes of stuff on there , paid or free.

But...I do miss the freeform randomness of Share
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
    Hiro Protagonist
    @pjenness ;

Thank you.  I  feel better now. But it seems that you agree with me about the previous form of the share page.. Anyway, I need free demos to start developing. Just to light up my inspiration.  Can you send me a list ??

• BobBitchinBobBitchin Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited June 2016
    I go to web pages such as http://riftinfo.com/list-of-oculus-rift-video-players-available and they link programs to your store, but when I arrive at store I get a barrage of games I have no interest in and no way to "FIND" what I am looking for apart from clicking "view all" buttons and the apps still dont show up? Need a search button for those that have a clue what they are looking for !! And the page needs some categories that make sense for instance FREE , EDUCATIONAL, GAMES, APPS,  DK2, CV1 at the moment its like walking into a library that has had all the shelves and filing system removed and all the best sellers piled at the front so you have to wade through them and randomly pick things up to find the novel you actually came to look at. Most of the time leaving and trying to google an outside link to find it.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Bob Bitching,

When you say "no way to "FIND" what I am looking for apart from clicking "view all" buttons and the apps still dont show up..

Have you downloaded the new oculus set up version? Because also I had this problem, and I only visualized  the apps buttons after downloaded the set up version. But my problem persisted because the new set up version wasnt compatible to my DK2 :'(    
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    Tania said:
    Bob Bitching,

When you say "no way to "FIND" what I am looking for apart from clicking "view all" buttons and the apps still dont show up..

Have you downloaded the new oculus set up version? Because also I had this problem, and I only visualized  the apps buttons after downloaded the set up version. But my problem persisted because the new set up version wasnt compatible to my DK2 :'(    
    Tania, 

You can skip the setup when you install the new Runtime (Oculus HOME software) and it will work just fine with your DK2, at least for the time being.
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
    Hiro Protagonist
    @HappyHimitzu,

I have alreardy installed the new 1.5 version and downloaded the Videos Apps but now the problem is that the videos get frozen. They keep loading forever..