New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

New software update for oculus app won't install

Sparky613Sparky613 Posts: 16
NerveGear
Hey everyone. I just went to get on my gear VR and when I opened the oculus app it said I need to do an upgrade. I tap upgrade now and it looks like it doing its thing. It has the downloading symbol in the notification bar. After about 10 seconds upgrade now pops back up. It says do not use gear VR until I do the upgrade. Not sure what to do. Any help out there? Thanks for your time!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,608 Valuable Player
    Hi Sparky, you could try installing it when the phone isn't in the Gear VR.  Reboot phone, then click on the Oculus app and see if you can do the update.
  • Sparky613Sparky613 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Morning Andy. Thanks for the info. My phone actually isn't in the gear VR when I try a different do the update. It's when you first try and open the oculus app to put the phone in the headset that the update screen pops up. I've restarted my phone and all that. I actually did a software update on my note 5 right before I tried to open the oculus app. I wonder if that might have something to do with it.
  • Sparky613 I have a note 5 as well and it's doing the same exact thing.
  • jbal52jbal52 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have an S7 Edge and it told me to remove the phone from my VR to update. It appears the update was downloaded OK but over half an hour passed and it hasn't insalled
  • sagster01sagster01 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem with my S7 Edge
  • targman2targman2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issues with a S7 edge.
    I uninstalled the software. Then reinstalled. Nothing! Help
  • markvr79markvr79 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    anche a me ha Chiesto aggiornamento e adesso non  funziona piu su galaxy s 7
  • plagueragesplaguerages Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey any solution to this just bought it today :(
  • SeaPeachSeaPeach Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Note 5 with same problem. Any solution?
  • Wizzard2k2Wizzard2k2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    Pretty sad that now it's June and the problem is still going on...mine isn't an edge, but it *is* a seven - seems to do the four updates, flashes another screen for a second then goes back to install updates
  • macster51macster51 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue with Galaxy S8+
  • bose59bose59 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem with my 6edge+