cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farlands User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
22 REPLIES 22

gorDelpus
Honored Guest
I agree with nrosko. Fun for only a short time and the robot is childish and obnoxious at best. Love the ship but it's weird to look down and not see a body.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Love it!  This is exactly the type of game that I knew would be great in VR.  Exploration, no stress, lots of creature mannerisms to study, great views, and a teleportation movement system that works very well.  It does get a bit repetitive towards the end, but I still enjoy going back from time to time.  I just hope my Whisple friends aren't starving to death while I am away 🙂
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

cybernettr
Superstar
 I like that it's a game that you can pop in and out of for 10 minutes at a time.  There's no requirement that you visit all the creatures each time you play or satisfy all their needs (in fact, sometimes you can't, as you don't have the required items). I've had it for a month now and still haven't reached the final dénouement.  Some parts of it are repetitive, such as the garden, which I water daily but where nothing new ever seems to happen.  The robot is a little annoying, especially when it keeps repeating that you should participate in the Koleran's ritual.  Sometimes I would just like to slap it, or hit with a rock.  The graphics and textures are wonderful and the Wibwams' antics still sometimes bring a smile to my face. 

Syl_VR
Explorer
You can teleport around the place, but it doesn't seem there's a way to rotate your character (except doing it yourself)

splicer12
Protege
First, the graphics are amazing. Of all the games I've played, this has probably the most impressive artwork and environments. As an introduction to VR, this game is hard to beat. And you definitely can't beat the price. It is well worth downloading and checking out, even if it's only for one sitting.

That said, I'm not a really big fan of the "Virtual Pet" genre, so after a few days I got a little bored, although I will probably go back at some point and unlock the remaining environments so I can check them out.

BoxDroppingManA
Expert Protege
Pretty simple in overall gameplay, but it's one of the few games that has pretty consistently given me Presence while dealing with the creatures. The teleportation mechanic is intuitive, and the game itself is very easy on people that suffer from motion sickness. I really hated the real life time-paced unlocks, though.  The end-game is a little aimless.

jmalmsten
Adventurer
Got tired of the tone of how characters talked to me so I stopped playing pretty quickly. 

Timrock
Honored Guest
Beautiful graphics, love the spaceship.
Awful game.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Very nice and well polished game, but I found it very boring. It was nice to look at when CV1 launched and it is free but if you had to pay it for it I wouldn't recommend it. As its free its best to try for yourself as a lot of people like it.

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
I was hoping they would build on this release and add Touch interactions and more content. I love the animals and the world.