cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently bought a Rift - how do I preorder my Touch?

RagingAvatar
Protege
As per title: How do I preorder my Touch? I bought a Rift about a month ago.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

harryinthesoup
Protege
I ordered the Rift as a guest. I looked at the email which had my Valkyrie redemption code. Using a different browser to avoid Oculus cookies I went to the order link in that email, that link alowed me to send me another email with a link to my order and low and behold there was the message "We've reserved your spot in line for Oculus Touch."
btw anyway to link  my original rift  Guest Order to my now registered account at the Store ?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

sparkie14
Expert Protege
When you bought your rift you will have been placed in line for the touch orders unless you  bought your rift from a third party.  If that's the case you will have to wait til launch and order then..

RagingAvatar
Protege
No I bought my Rift from Oculus directly - is there any way of confirming that I've been placed in line for Touch? (Thanks for the reply!)

kojack
MVP
MVP
If you are in line for the Touch, it will say so in the Special Offers section of your order page.
(I thought the Touch preorder line was only for CV1 preorders - those before the end of march, but I don't know)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RagingAvatar
Protege
I have a Special Orders section but no mention of Touch, is this normal? 😞

harryinthesoup
Protege
Who knows ? I ordered my rift as a guest, subsequently registered and ordered games that way, I see no special orders, I cannot remember if touch option was available when I ordered as guest, if it required ordering at that point I would not have done so as no price or availability date. So do they just send out email to anybody who has a rift when preorders are available ? If the price is right I would definitely order one as I am very impressed with the CV!

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
It's under "Special Offers", not "Orders".
In my order for the Rift (see under "Recent Orders") it says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Offers

Now that you have ordered your Rift, take advantage of our special offers.

We've reserved your spot in line for Oculus Touch.

Here’s your redemption code for the EVE: Valkyrie Founder’s Pack:

[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops01
Protege
Oops guess I'll just have to wait as I bought mine of a flea bay 😞  

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
Offering touch controllers to ppl who do not own the rift anymore will probably encourage scalping of touch controllers (by the same ppl who scalped the rift headsets in the first place).

If the touch controller ordering policy is being worked on, I hope my concern gets added to their list.
I bought my Rift at bestbuy. I think i might get the touch controllers the same way ahead of a queue as I lost my place in the touch preorder queue.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

XizorGetspeed
Honored Guest
Hmmm... I didn't preorder but bought directly from oculus last month.  Only special offer I see is a discount off of an Alienware computer.