cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Support Is Shocking.

b10cey
Protege

I have raise a ticket (#196309days ago for a known cable issue, whereas the end that connects to the rift
is faulty.

Basically
when moved I receive an error saying "HDMI di-connection randomly.

Support advised to
follow: https://support.oculus.com/1114691701909297

This was last Sunday and did not fix the problem. I am still
waiting for a response. It seems to be a known issue of poor manufacturing defect
as per other post on this forum. For a £500 delayed for months’ device this is
really poor show.

I love the rift however Oculus
level of support considering the size of parent company and product price point
is terrible. Ironically you cannot even use Facebook messenger to contact
support online but essential expected to raise your own support ticket and sit
and wait with no SLA or update.

Rant over, anyone else experiencing
this level of customer dissatisfaction? 

178 REPLIES 178

Javbomb
Protege
6 business days now since Oculus have had my returned DOA rift, and complete radio silence.

I have just opened a new ticket advising them that they have 5 business days to get the rift IN MY HANDS or I will initiate a chargeback.

7 weeks since I received the first rift, now I am down $649USD and have nothing to show for it at all.

Marcin83_PL
Honored Guest
Ive had similar experience...this is my last message from support:

"BenjaminJuly 09, 2016 19:31

Hi Marcin,

We will make sure we continue protecting your investment with the Rift, by providing you a full warranty replacement.

Your prepaid shipping label has been processed, and should be received in your email inbox within 1-2 business days.

Please print and use that label in sending back your entire Rift unit, including all the accessories that were provided in the original box.

Once we receive and inspect your unit (typically 3-5 business days after being shipped to us), we will automatically issue the new replacement Rift to your confirmed address.

Please let us know what your findings are, upon receiving the new unit, to resolve your issue and close the chargeback.

Thank you for your time,

Benjamin
Oculus Support"

Headset was sent back on last Monday, now im waiting.

If it comes faulty i will want a refund...I think there is a flaw in the design of the headset. Top of it is very sensitive, it keeps on disconnecting from HDMI if you touch it...There must be loads of users with the same issue. Ive had this problem plus no LED lights on Oculus  after 2 weeks of use. HDMI problem was from day one...:(

Javbomb
Protege
Well Oculus got back to me...
---
HI,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you.

We've shipped out your replacement and FedEx has attempted to deliver it once.

You can view the shipment's details here.

I've updated your original contact with those details and will mark this ticket as solved, leaving your other open.

Thanks,

---

My reply:

Great, if you had bothered to tell me you shipped it and what the tracking number was I could have picked it up this afternoon.

How would I know you had shipped it?  Were you planning on telling me? Fed Ex do not leave calling cards. I had no idea.

Anyway, hopefully the unit works.

You guys seriously need to do better on communication.

Thanks..

---

Siiiiiiiiigh. Hopefully this one works.

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C Communication.

johnhelliwell
Explorer
I'm at 10 days of no response for my request to return a faulty unit (right screen totally dead).   I got annoyed yesterday and raised 15 tickets complaining about the lack of response to my original ticket (puerile I know but i wanted to try and prompt some sort of response, even if it was we're looking into it or we're raising an RMA, or hang on a minute - anything to see that someone still had my request on their radar. ) 
All tickets were marked as solved today, but still nothing on my original ticket.   So they have people looking at the tickets, just not anyone doing anything other than  "have you tried rebooting / unplugging the cable and plugging it back in " answer

@cybereality I know you must get a ton of these everyday but any chance you could take a look at my ticket?  It's ridiculous.

PravusJSB
Expert Protege
I've now had confirmation that my Rift is faulty... And they want to RMA it. After reading this there is no way I'm going through that! Has anyone had any success in getting a door step swap or at least paying for a new rift and a refund once old rift has been sent back?

Marcin83_PL
Honored Guest

PravusJSB said:

I've now had confirmation that my Rift is faulty... And they want to RMA it. After reading this there is no way I'm going through that! Has anyone had any success in getting a door step swap or at least paying for a new rift and a refund once old rift has been sent back?

You will wait a bit. To be honest with you, i would just get your money back...After being ignored i decided to do a claim with paypal.There was response, label  and all that. They had 15 days to resolve the issue (i did wait fair bit prior to this) 17th was the last day before paypal would look into it. Today(19th) i had refund from Paypal, looks like i was refunded due to lack of communication from the seller. They received the headset back last Wednesday, promising quick dispatch of the new one. 
Im happy with the refund, would consider buying Vive now.
They can afford to send FREE headsets but cant afford customer service!

20 days it took me to get anywhere,
I know there is a fault with every(almost) headset and they know that too.(thats why they are so busy)
Take your money back and run!

Worth waiting for revised version or next generation, cos this one is a disaster!

£500 Piece of crap and i mean hardware quality not technology.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@johnhelliwell I'll have someone look at your ticket. Sorry for the delay.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Thouwlin
Explorer
After 4 attempts to get a status for my faulty rift I filed a dispute with Paypal.  Not much else I can do on my side.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm really sorry @Thouwlin. I may have been able to help, but it's too late now.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PravusJSB
Expert Protege
I'm really not happy with the sound of this, I do not pay this kind of money to be jerked around. I asked for a refund instead and was told 'we do not refund used rifts'.... This is not used, it's faulty! As far as I'm concerned I'm protected with rights afforded to me by my country and by the EU. If the legal contract Oculus entered into with me is not fulfilled satisfactorily (i.e. a working device in exchange for my money) I'm entitled to a refund! This is terrible... I wonder what the press would do with this information?