cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

triangletriangl
Honored Guest
my setup has an audio driver issue...... 

Elunedra
Protege
@StevenPicard

the log says:

[Error] [6/23/2016 7:28:07 PM] Uncaught exception!
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'Intrinsics.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Dawn.Preflight.CpuArchitectureCheck.IsSSE42OrLater()
   at Dawn.Preflight.CpuArchitectureCheck.RunCheckImpl()
   at Dawn.Mixins.SafeCallMixin(Func`1 func, String title, String caller)

With in normal english says it cant load the Intrinsics.dll which it uses to detect if your cpu supports SSE 4.2

There are some sites on google that say that they have a solution but i find them a bit pushy with getting you to install thier mallware

here is some info about it: http://www.fixerrorhelps.com/fix-pc-error/how-to-fix-Intrinsics.dll-error.html

mr2daj
Adventurer
my rift does not work. just the amber light 

PIXELATED
Adventurer
I have only recently set up my Oculus CV1 and have only been able to use it for 15 mins before it shuts down.(becomes disconnected from USB's) I have reinstalled/checked drivers etc etc followed advice on Oculus site and have come to the conclusion that something inside the headset is broken. 
I cannot get past the 'Adjust your lenses' stage as every time I pick up the headset the device drivers (trumpet sound win 10) try to install and then when i move the headset again the USB connection is lost. Over and over again. I have tried unplugging the headset plug (both ends) and reinstalled Oculus set up many times x 800mb. 
The CV1 was a present from my better half and I've only just finished building the PC to run it !  Win 10 pro 64bit, i7 intel, Asus z170 deluxe and gtx1080, 16gb ram. Looks like I'm going to regret this.
As advised in the thread I've submitted ticket and attached all debug files in zip format - but from what I've read on this forum support can be a little... er have you tried plugging it in? etc

OMG I've just found this thread:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/37046/oculus-support-is-shocking/p4

PLEASE don't let days and weeks go by before my Rift is working again... I've already been asked 'have you plugged/unplugged both ends of the cable'  by support despite writing that i did in my first message and including a system diagnostic file as requested in this thread.
It's the cable or what it's connected to in the headset - I know it...

...here's a little vid:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9fw3e90rfz7nsi/Oculus%20hardware%20error.mp4?dl=0

and no i am not using a Mac - just their keyboard and mouse - My PC (the bill gates windows variety) details are in the text body above.

The Asus Z170-DELUXE has more usb3's than you can shake a stick at, plus there's a few on the front panel of the case, all set to no sleep in control panel just in case anyone asks (-:

Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

riopino
Honored Guest
@PIXELATED

Did you update your Z170 USB3.1 driver to version V1.16.33.1? ASUS said this version improved USB device compatibility e.g. Oculus VR.

PIXELATED
Adventurer

@riopino
 Oh yes... updated all usb drivers and turned 'off' all the the sleep functions so as to keep all awake just in case I got bored !
...in fact the latest ASMedia USB 3.1 driver for my Asus Z170 is v1.16.35.1 on Win 10 64bit

Added:
I will continue to update any progress I achieve with support in this thread until my issue is solved. Apologies to everyone who has a fully functional Oculus CV1 - you are very fortunate. 

riopino
Honored Guest
@PIXELATED
My motherboard is Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with V1.16.33.1 on Win 10 64bit, I haven't encountered the problem like yours...
I have 2 ideas maybe you can try...
1. Rollback driver to 1.16.33.1. I know the latest version is 1.16.35.1, but Asus official website hasn't announced it.
2. Use USB 3.0 ports, they are using Intel chipset controller not ASMedia
Well...I guess you have tried both before...

riopino
Honored Guest
@PIXELATED
My motherboard is Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with V1.16.33.1 on Win 10 64bit, I haven't encountered the problem like yours...
I have 2 ideas maybe you can try...
1. Rollback driver to 1.16.33.1. I know the latest version is 1.16.35.1, but Asus official website hasn't announced it.
2. Use USB 3.0 ports, they are using Intel chipset controller not ASMedia
Well...I guess you have tried both before...

PIXELATED
Adventurer
@riopino
Really appreciate you trying to help... but roll-back drivers doesn't work - even with the intel ones, i tried that too

Watch my video - in the post above, see the link? and my posts - and you will see that drivers aren't the problem, it's the movement of the headset that disconnects and reconnects over and over again and it would seem it's not just the hdmi/hmd lead or connection but something internal.. maybe on the circuit board inside?

I'm still waiting for support to read the log files I sent to them and then get back to me with good news

PIXELATED
Adventurer
Just one of the lines in the latest system report I have sent zipped up:
21/07 14:30:40.899 {WARNING} [HW:Health] Hardware health is BAD. 

Still not heard anything else from support since Tuesday 19th  :'(  I've lost count of how many times I've download the Oculus Install App @ 800mb a go !