cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Support Is Shocking.

b10cey
Protege

I have raise a ticket (#196309days ago for a known cable issue, whereas the end that connects to the rift
is faulty.

Basically
when moved I receive an error saying "HDMI di-connection randomly.

Support advised to
follow: https://support.oculus.com/1114691701909297

This was last Sunday and did not fix the problem. I am still
waiting for a response. It seems to be a known issue of poor manufacturing defect
as per other post on this forum. For a £500 delayed for months’ device this is
really poor show.

I love the rift however Oculus
level of support considering the size of parent company and product price point
is terrible. Ironically you cannot even use Facebook messenger to contact
support online but essential expected to raise your own support ticket and sit
and wait with no SLA or update.

Rant over, anyone else experiencing
this level of customer dissatisfaction? 

178 REPLIES 178

ColinB
Adventurer
Huge amount of tickets !! Why ?

I wonder if any Retailers at all are really serious about stocking this contraption?

Surely not?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

ColinB said:

Huge amount of tickets !! Why ?

I wonder if any Retailers at all are really serious about stocking this contraption?

Surely not?

Yeah, can't imagine any retailers that would be interested in stocking a product that they can sell as many as they can get almost instantly.

PIXELATED
Adventurer
@cybereality
Please can you help #238246 'Hardware Error' to enable RMA
My rift connects/disconnects and is un-usable
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer

PravusJSB said:

I'm really not happy with the sound of this, I do not pay this kind of money to be jerked around. I asked for a refund instead and was told 'we do not refund used rifts'.... This is not used, it's faulty! As far as I'm concerned I'm protected with rights afforded to me by my country and by the EU. If the legal contract Oculus entered into with me is not fulfilled satisfactorily (i.e. a working device in exchange for my money) I'm entitled to a refund! This is terrible... I wonder what the press would do with this information?

AFAIK the vendor has the right to at least one repair attempt of the fauly product before having to offer a refund. At least according to German law which should be in line with EU regulations.

That is independent from your right as an online customer to check out the product as you would be able to in a store and return it if you don't like it. But that is limited to a period of 2 weeks after receiving the product.

I am saying this as a layman, not a lawyer.

EliteSPA
Superstar
If you think HTC support is better.....watch this video and surprise yourself.

HTC Vive Customer Service Nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUlVeFC9p-A

i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable

EliteSPA said:

While I'm in no way surprised, I still feel that just because HTC is doing badly on customer support is no reason or excuse for Oculus to do badly. Competing companies ought to be in a race to the top, not a race to the bottom.

Honestly, the biggest problem I have with Oculus support is the complete lack of communication. The trained staff who are able to examine and analyse the logs are overloaded, and it takes time to recruit and train additional ones? Fine. But tell us what the situation is when a ticket is passed to second-line support, and keep us regularly updated about where our ticket is in the queue and how long the estimated remaining wait time is. Hell, that part could probably be automated!

LZoltowski
Champion

EliteSPA said:

There are quite a few videos on youtube with HTC rants 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

AndyW1384 said:

EliteSPA said:

While I'm in no way surprised, I still feel that just because HTC is doing badly on customer support is no reason or excuse for Oculus to do badly. Competing companies ought to be in a race to the top, not a race to the bottom.

Honestly, the biggest problem I have with Oculus support is the complete lack of communication. The trained staff who are able to examine and analyse the logs are overloaded, and it takes time to recruit and train additional ones? Fine. But tell us what the situation is when a ticket is passed to second-line support, and keep us regularly updated about where our ticket is in the queue and how long the estimated remaining wait time is. Hell, that part could probably be automated!

No offence but i seem to think a lot of the issues we see on here may be because many non-technical people who don't usually deal with graphics cards, USB and HDMI sockets are quite rightly very excited and rushing out to buy expensive PCs and HMDs and instead of knowing how to carry out basic fault-finding (cables first, then config and finally components) they are going straight to the manufacturer.

No big deal, things will just take time.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

andyring said:

No offence but i seem to think a lot of the issues we see on here may be because many non-technical people who don't usually deal with graphics cards, USB and HDMI sockets are quite rightly very excited and rushing out to buy expensive PCs and HMDs and instead of knowing how to carry out basic fault-finding (cables first, then config and finally components) they are going straight to the manufacturer.

No big deal, things will just take time.

That may well be, and while that could be the cause of the second-line teams being overloaded, they do have a front-line team to deal with basic config issues. Either way, that still doesn't excuse Oculus Support from a basic failure to communicate with their customers about timescales and delays in dealing with their queries. 

Oh, and it is rather hard to check cables when they are either hard-connected to the device (the tracking camera) or custom cables with non-standard connectors (the headset). That is a rod Oculus made for their own backs.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Well my HMD has now been back at the RMA centre for 2 weeks and I've still not heard anything yet. I've just seen a message from some one else I was discussing this with who was also RMAing their unit and they had a message that a new unit was being sent out to them the very next day after their defective unit arrived there. So something is not right here with my RMA process.

I've already sent a ticket asking for an update to support but was told thye process was automated and to wait for a response. Obviously that is not happening.

How do I go about sorting this out?