cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen Updates...

SamagonTheSwift
Explorer
I've got 6 games that need updating and for some reason, AltspaceVR has decided to freeze on, "installing updates". This means that I can't cancel it and all of the other updates are queued. What should I do? I've tried restarting the application, but that doesn't work.
10 REPLIES 10

Xerphesus
Honored Guest
samme issue here, also tried to buy another app but download failed with OVR89313696

LZoltowski
Champion
Have you tried removing the folder for the failed update?

drive:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Downloads ?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

swampmaster
Honored Guest
Error code: OVR89313696. Nowhere to be found anywhere in the documentation!

Following LZoltowski's advice, I've cleaned it up and rebooted 4 times. The queued updates just keep showing up and as soon as I select or try to install anything, a new or existing app, it instantly goes to Queued and nothing happens. Lack of updates or new software means the Rift is now a DEAD tool in my box.

Come on Support team.
Get you game together here.

Are we, the users, the test and debug crew?
Without source code, understanding or reference documentation it looks like you are having blind people trying to diffuse a bomb (by editing JSON and File structure). Inefficient and stupid. Is this your debugging strategy?

Not happy. And this is not the first time that lack of guidance, no-logic and no support is being provided by those responsible for wasting my time.

LZoltowski
Champion
@swampmaster  did you try support? Im sure when @cybereality gets online he can have a look.

P.S Im not sure if the manifest files also need to be removed, at your own risk
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload these log files?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Trytiped
Adventurer
Could either try searching the files on your drive for altspace VR and deleting them, worse case scenario reinstall oculus home and avoid downloading altspace tell everything else has been downloaded.

Badatscrabble
Honored Guest
So I did go through support with this issue, and they did indeed provide support and fix this.
After sharing a bunch of logs they told me this

"This looks to be a registry or permissions related issues rooted in your operating system.
Have you tried signing out of your account and signing back in?"

But i did that didn't I? I've restarted the app, the PC has been power cycled, that should mean I was auto logged back in.

WRONG

Click the settings cog icon
Sign out
Log back in... and get told that Oculus home needs to be closed and updated.
Click update... app closes, nothing happens, so i repeat the action, asked to update and again nothing.
Why isn't this working, I go to the library updates page one last time just to confirm my error code matches the one at the start of this thread... they're downloading. 

TLDR
1. Click the settings cog icon -> Sign out
2. Log back in
3. Click Update -> app will close
4. Open app (it should auto log in)
5. Check Library -> Updates (if they are not downloading try forcing one)
6. Let me know if that worked.

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
Just going to add to this thread that I also signed out of oculus home, logged back in and it's all good now.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

Antiroot
Explorer
Have to say that Oculus Home should report trivial errors rather than have us troll through log files.
Oculus home for me was permanently qued for an update until I found this in the logfile

04/08 16:11:21.944 {!ERROR!} [PackageManager] Performing core upgrade failed with error: You need 3.17 GB free space on your hard drive to download oculus-home. Try again when you have enough free space available.

(I have a small SSD for booting/OS)  

Anyway, I really don't think it's a big ask to expect a package manager to let the user know such a trivial cause of failure as running out of disk space.