cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently used rift received...WTF? Please help

Sqqq
Explorer

xzgbfo230jal.jpgRift received with two OPN numbers: 301-00037-02 covered by a sticker numbered 301-00201-03.

(in the picture: the left opn sticker was litterally over the right opn sticker, covering it..)

Now the OPN number 301-00037-02 is of an used rift in Chicago and it was selled by EBAY. The rift have on the back lens cover a diagonal scratch for the entire lenght. Ive just cheked this things and no test it or want to do it until Oculus answer me.

What do you think guys? Shit happend? There is an Oculus guy here can answer me?

Here the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-Retail-used-for-one-hour-EVE-and-everything-included-/3517732142...

From ebay:

Item specifics

Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand:

Oculus

Interface: HDMI, USB Model:

Rift

Platform: Oculus Home To Fit: Desktop/Laptop Computer
Refresh Rate: 90Hz Field of View: 110 Degrees
Sensors: Magnetometer, Gyroscope, 360-degree positional tracking, Accelerometer Display Resolution: 2160 x 1200
Tracking Area: 5x11ft. Features: Lens Distance (From Face) Adjustment, Glasses Support, Built-In Headphones, Interpupillary Distance (IPD) Adjustment, Built-In Microphone
MPN:

301-00037-02

G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:
34 REPLIES 34

Sqqq
Explorer

BTW..they sent me the mail sayng: wait for an email that confirm the expedition is done with tracking number.

Well..never received that mail...so: apparently used rift..and no mail with expedition confirmation, with no tracking number for following the rift travelling to me.

So: A clue is a clue (stickers opn numbers), two clues are a coincidence (no expedition mail, no track) , but three clues are a test.

Waiting for the third clue... 😕

G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
I don't understand. Do you bought the Rift from Oculus or from Ebay?
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I think he's saying that he bought it from Oculus but it has numbers that match a Rift sold on E-bay...??

ClassicGOD
Protege
MPN number is not a serial number - all Rifts have the same or similar MPN number. (MPN stands for Manufacturer Part Number) MPN sticker was covered by a different one because the box was manufactured earlier but the Rift inside was newer revision.

Doesn't change the fact that it sucks that your lens was scratched but I don't think it was a used Rift.
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

Sqqq
Explorer
Guys do you confirm the opn numbers are the same for a bunch of rift?
i ve ordered it from oculus, and the scracth is on the back cover...not the lens.

EliteSPA
Superstar

Sqqq said:

i ve ordered it from oculus, and the scracth is on the back cover...not the lens.

What about contacting support about this? open a ticket, we cant help you in here.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

Sqqq said:

Can you post a photo of the scratch?
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Sqqq
Explorer
I wrote to oculus..and probably someone had the same experience..what does it mean we cant help here? The problem is not the scratch, but the opn numbers...i dont know the meaning of that. There is a opn number covered by a new one, and the old one matches with an used rift on ebay. It refers to the box? To the rift? Both? Oculus will answer well for sure, but the people experience is better. Whats the problem Elite? Cant understand your tone.

ClassicGOD
Protege

Sqqq said:

Yes, OPN is not unique - it is more of a model number that is used to identify given revisions without any doubt. The only number that is unique for every Rift is the Serial Number.
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.