cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt Rally no desktop mode

nissarrow
Honored Guest
Just purchased Dirt Rally in the Oculus store.  Works fine but it has no desktop mode like Project Cars.  This really diminishes the value of the game for me.

Has anybody figured out how to run this game in desktop mode.  I should have purchased it on Steam.

Also, is it possible to change the camera view, while driving.

Thanks,

Stu

22 REPLIES 22

benplace
Rising Star

Stairmand said:

There is a lesson to be learnt. The Oculus store sucks.

I think people are too harsh on the store and do not realize what they have accomplished in a short period of time. Of course there will be growing pains as with any new product, did you expect it to be as complete as Steam when they launched it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As if Steam started out great hah, I remember almost 15 years ago now. It was horrible to switch.

SC0RP10N
Explorer
Why would you want to play it on a flat screen when you can play it in VR?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before VR racing I was playing with the Hood view in every racing game. Now after a few days of Dirt Rally VR, Ill never go back to hood. Being inside the car is what its about-  And its fkn awesome.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I purchased mine from the Oculus-Store 3 days ago, wo. checking the forums, unfortunately, There seemes to be no way to play it in desktop mode. Without rift it just complains that there is no rift, After stopping the Oculus Service and starting it directly via the only exe in the program directory, there is a message saying "Failed to get user entitlement".
Oculus support is still checking options. LET'S SEE...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Inside your Library in the Oculus desktop app, you can right-click the game icon and choose "Start in Desktop Mode". Note, not all games support this and you still may need a Rift connected. It appears that DIRT is one of these games that don't have a desktop mode on the Oculus Store. Let me see if I can get someone to respond on your support ticket. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, looks like you got someone to respond. Thanks man, that gave back my trust in the Oculus universe!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great news! Thanks so much for following up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

simonlchung
Honored Guest
fpvman, so did you get it working without VR?

Bombero336
Honored Guest
That's a good question, did you get it working?! I would like to know how.