cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently used rift received...WTF? Please help

Sqqq
Explorer

xzgbfo230jal.jpgRift received with two OPN numbers: 301-00037-02 covered by a sticker numbered 301-00201-03.

(in the picture: the left opn sticker was litterally over the right opn sticker, covering it..)

Now the OPN number 301-00037-02 is of an used rift in Chicago and it was selled by EBAY. The rift have on the back lens cover a diagonal scratch for the entire lenght. Ive just cheked this things and no test it or want to do it until Oculus answer me.

What do you think guys? Shit happend? There is an Oculus guy here can answer me?

Here the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-Retail-used-for-one-hour-EVE-and-everything-included-/3517732142...

From ebay:

Item specifics

Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand:

Oculus

Interface: HDMI, USB Model:

Rift

Platform: Oculus Home To Fit: Desktop/Laptop Computer
Refresh Rate: 90Hz Field of View: 110 Degrees
Sensors: Magnetometer, Gyroscope, 360-degree positional tracking, Accelerometer Display Resolution: 2160 x 1200
Tracking Area: 5x11ft. Features: Lens Distance (From Face) Adjustment, Glasses Support, Built-In Headphones, Interpupillary Distance (IPD) Adjustment, Built-In Microphone
MPN:

301-00037-02

G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:
34 REPLIES 34

Sqqq
Explorer
Here the scratch. .from side to side a slightly one, then a small one deeper..a new item? Mmmhhh...
G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:

Sqqq
Explorer
Is the serial number the WMVR sticker in the middle of the two OPN stickers of my picture at the top of the topic? If yes, the old opn sticker and the WMVR sticker totally match each other..it is visible they were applied there togheter..and the new one applied over..for coverage..the old ones are black grey..the new one is black black. .i dont know if from the picture you can see that.
And yes..the serial number is the WMVR..the SKU is 301-00201-03. So why i have two Sku on the box? Someone had the same experince?

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
@Sqqq Nice scratch. What Elite means is that the community probably can't give you the answers you are seeking for.
Maybe cybereality can look into this if he get's aware of this thread.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Sqqq
Explorer
About the scratch i really dont care..what there is behind the scratch is important. Tanks for answering me guys..
Resume: 1 serial number for 2 OPN numbers on the box, the oldest one matches with an used rift on ebay. OPN numbers are for? Box? Rift? Cables? If noone here in the community experinced to have 1 s.n. with 2 opn number, well, im the first! Did i win something? Going to wisper to cyber about this topic.

ClassicGOD
Protege
The Orderable Part Number (OPN) is unique and descriptive product identifier. 
It improves ordering, product identification and communication.

OPN = number identifying this given set of Rift and accessories - aka product code. 

My Rift has 301-00037-01 OPN -  it's the first revision, first batch preorder unit. The number on the end can describe a revision, firmware version preloaded or something similar. You have 2 OPN numbers on the box because the box was manufactured with the OPN sticker early but there was some revision and they changed the OPN for Rift to 301-00037-03 (maybe it was manufactured with updated firmware already on board or some minor change like that) so instead throwing the box away or trying to remove the sticker they just covered it with the new one. The color of the sticker has no meaning as they are printed individually and there could be some shade differences between one roll of adhesive stickers and the other.

It is a standard practice for hardware manufacturing - I deal with OPN, RPN, MPN numbers often when ordering IT hardware directly from manufacturer (model names etc are just marketing for selling to people, all large scale orders deal with those numbers) and often there are boxes with new stickers covering the old ones as the boxes are manufactured separately to the hardware just like in your case.

You have nothing to worry about when it comes yo those stickers, they are in order. If your Rift had all of it's lens protectors (peaces of plastic foil you have to remove before use) etc in place it probably was not a used unit. If you are worried by the scratch you should request the replacement as it is a factory defect but it will not affect the functioning of the Rift.

The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

EliteSPA
Superstar

Sqqq said:

I wrote to oculus..and probably someone had the same experience..what does it mean we cant help here? The problem is not the scratch, but the opn numbers...i dont know the meaning of that. There is a opn number covered by a new one, and the old one matches with an used rift on ebay. It refers to the box? To the rift? Both? Oculus will answer well for sure, but the people experience is better. Whats the problem Elite? Cant understand your tone.

Nothing wrong with my tone, just saying they can give you more info then us or maybe @cybereality.

Cheers!
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Sqqq said:

Oculus will answer well for sure, but the people experience is better.

I'm not sure why you think the general public is better at explaining product numbers, as opposed to the company that created the numbers. Unless you're more interested in continuing to explore clues, hints, and tests.

Sqqq
Explorer
Exaustive stuff guys tank you all. And Elite..oculus give info..peole experienced give other level of info, this is why i wrote here..and sone people here are oculus involved, so its the perfect place! Tank you again.

Sqqq
Explorer
I dont think you are general public..im not writing to a vegetable shop come on..

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Well if this were a vegetable shop then I'd like to think of myself as a Cucumber 😮