cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently used rift received...WTF? Please help

Sqqq
Explorer

xzgbfo230jal.jpgRift received with two OPN numbers: 301-00037-02 covered by a sticker numbered 301-00201-03.

(in the picture: the left opn sticker was litterally over the right opn sticker, covering it..)

Now the OPN number 301-00037-02 is of an used rift in Chicago and it was selled by EBAY. The rift have on the back lens cover a diagonal scratch for the entire lenght. Ive just cheked this things and no test it or want to do it until Oculus answer me.

What do you think guys? Shit happend? There is an Oculus guy here can answer me?

Here the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-Retail-used-for-one-hour-EVE-and-everything-included-/3517732142...

From ebay:

Item specifics

Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand:

Oculus

Interface: HDMI, USB Model:

Rift

Platform: Oculus Home To Fit: Desktop/Laptop Computer
Refresh Rate: 90Hz Field of View: 110 Degrees
Sensors: Magnetometer, Gyroscope, 360-degree positional tracking, Accelerometer Display Resolution: 2160 x 1200
Tracking Area: 5x11ft. Features: Lens Distance (From Face) Adjustment, Glasses Support, Built-In Headphones, Interpupillary Distance (IPD) Adjustment, Built-In Microphone
MPN:

301-00037-02

G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:
34 REPLIES 34

Zenbane said:

Well if this were a vegetable shop then I'd like to think of myself as a Cucumber 😮

I'd like to a be a tomato but i'm just not sure if it's a fruit or vegetable. 

Maybe the community will help?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Sqqq
Explorer
Wich serial number do you have applied on a opn number sticker and manufacturer?
G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:

cybereality
Grand Champion
I can assure you, we are not selling people used units and calling them new. However, during the logistics process, the box may be opened to insert different parts, and it's possible the sticker was updated at that point. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sqqq
Explorer
I wrote apparently..here and email with oculus team. Scratch..no mail with info for tacking and unespected rift in my hand..i open..2 stikers old new..googled..used rift..there is enough for complain/ask help here/1001 mail sent to oculus team. Tanks for the info and help. Hope it works now..ahahah

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Please mate please........the word is thanks. Tanks bring T72's and Panzers and the like to mind.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

brantlew
Adventurer
Also guys.  The unique serial number for these devices is located on the inside of the right support strap.  If you pull the right strap all the way out you will see a QR code.  Underneath that is the unique serial number.

Sqqq
Explorer
Computer off..i wrote by phone..dont blame me for writing uncorrect ahah..and...TANKSSSS

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I assumed his uncorrect use of "TANKS" was a metaphor representing his "steam rolling" through serial number theories?

Sqqq
Explorer

FYI: sent back the rift, waiting for a replacement, waiting for a tracking number and mail shipping.

It had the HDMI issue, it was really hot using it, it had the red pixel problem, invisible while playing, and playing Elite Dangerous in VR well worth the money and the wait, although the wait should not belong to a serious company. My rig is GTX Titan OC'ed, 990x OC'ed, 16GB ram, and all was running perfectly, sometimes the disconnection hdmi cable problem, and when i tryed Steam VR all become a messy, the sensor was phisically in A position, but in the rift it was B position. 

I was in contact with George support team member, i can say was a good support! Obviously all can be improvable, i hope it will be, for the company and for us.

Still unknown why all that stikers, and asking myself if exist a control quality branch in Oculus.(It had scratches and who made the box, apparently did it without an eye and arm).

This forum is fullfill of rift problems, RMA's, hardware, software, it's a slaughterhouse lol.

For less of these mistakes, failings and other, people lose the job...so Oculus, try to improve...the market does not forgive.

To Zenbane: i see you won a cup lol

Sqqq
Explorer

Mwahahaha..i just checked now my order update...i have a track number..pushed it...today is the estimate delivery, and, all togheter..NO SHIPPING MAIL HAS BEEN SENT, so if i don't check the order update web page, or i can't for thousands of reasons(no line, no pc/tablet/android fails/etc), another unexpected rift comes to me. I dont know if im a lucky one, or an ungrateful one, hoping that ups will not fail tomorrow morning ahahaha