cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know I'm kicking a dead horse, but I'd like to see different environments in Home

kzintzi
Trustee
I'd love to be able to change home to be more personal - I'd love to be able to have a steampunk, hi tech, or other environment to change it to - I'm a fairly decent CG modeller/script-monkey (before life/kids got in the way I used to spend hours with Lightwave, Maya and so on, and when I have time these days I play with Unity in the hopes that I can get eventually get enough time together to make my own experience) and I'd devote some time to making new environments if there was an appropriate API or interface.

@cybereality I know you can't comment, but I hope that by popping a new discussion about this on the forum again (and maybe getting everyone to like or add their own "me too" to this thread) we can prompt someone to look at this if they're not already doing so, or at the very least make sure you guys are aware that we would still LOVE to be able to do this.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
20 REPLIES 20

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I know we need to be patient - but I want to add my voice to this cause. I'd love to be able and switch up the environment, customize it, and explore it!

kzintzi
Trustee
bump
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

jayhawk
Superstar
Not sure about wrapped images. An image can't compete with a virtualized environment like it is now IMO. I'm sure the option will come eventually.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
It'd be cool to have the whole thing customizable.  Maybe even something like have a bunch of shelves with little models for each game that can be used to run the game rather than the current menu.

Not exclusively, keep the current menu system.  So you can walk over to the shelf and pick the game. But once that novelty wears off you can go back to using the home menu. 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
All great points ... and I was the one who was annoyed when I could not change my wallpaper on a 1st gen iPhone ... but is it REALLY so important for now? Id rather they focus on perfecting more pressing areas. 

Quality tracking on scenes created that overloaded the GPU and made the home interface unusable will be a bit of a challenge.

I feel this is more of an enthusiast feature for now.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

DarkTenka
Trustee
I would like the ability to just explore that environment a little bit. Go and see whats up stairs .. grab a drink from the bar. Looks like a really nice and chill environment.

If they were smart, they would make it so you could move around with the controller, find a TV that actually works as a VR Cinema TV and allows you to load and watch movie files. And also find a computer that actually works as a virtual desktop...

Then you wouldnt have to take the Rift off... and I can just get the Rift surgically implanted into my face and get hooked up to an IV drip.

SaneGaming
Explorer
I too would like to see this implemented kind of like how Virtual Desktop changes the environment would be cool. 

Thug
Heroic Explorer

KillCard said:

I would like the ability to just explore that environment a little bit. Go and see whats up stairs .. grab a drink from the bar. Looks like a really nice and chill environment.

If they were smart, they would make it so you could move around with the controller, find a TV that actually works as a VR Cinema TV and allows you to load and watch movie files. And also find a computer that actually works as a virtual desktop...

Then you wouldnt have to take the Rift off... and I can just get the Rift surgically implanted into my face and get hooked up to an IV drip.

I think I would draw the line at a virtual toilet, where you walk over to it to have a pee.
Could get quite messy.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Hey Rifts there needs to be a new thread for this but that image is really nice. Love the way you captured Faith in action pose.

If anyone is interested. Boot up Virtual Desktop and just drag Rift's file (saved on your desktop) into the 360 Photo viewer and BAM! Yours is better than the default Nvidia ones Rifts.

❤️ 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Thmoas
Rising Star
Its the first thing i thought when launching home: How do i get up and get a drink at that bar 🙂 but i think they have other priorities for now and for some time to come. Also, they will probably want to keep some level of quality.