cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad color banding, left lens, anyone else having this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Left lens basically projects 8bit color banding in eve Valkyrie, videos app, and it's really the worst with elite dangerous, rendering the game totally unplayable. The right lens looks like an 8 bit banding dithered. 

The he biggest issue arises with blacks and dark colors. Is anyone else having this. My rift is 3 days old so I don't know how to take screens from within it to show exactly what I mean, but if you google color banding you'll get it. 

Im running i7-6700k, Amd R9 290X, 16.3.2 drivers, tried the hot fix ones as well, deleted, reinstalled and issue still persists. 

Any ideas how how to fix this, community, support? is this a software issue or a hardware issue? 

Thnx 

35 REPLIES 35

frankyfiggss334
Honored Guest
@Brian123 Thank you very  much for the Information. I made contact with support on thursday 28 and sent them pictures ans Logfiles on the same day. Support said thanks and now i am waiting. I guess they do not work at the weekend. I am in Germany and i will be off to Switzerland for the next 2 weeks. Will keep coming back and Check this post. 

PravusJSB
Expert Protege
That timeline is very encouraging.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

This is howlq23qv7u1eer.jpg it looks....a4urrof3b30l.jpg

Ahhh. I see. Ya, Mine does not have that at all. You got a bad HMD. Hopefully there's software or a update of some kind for you, otherwise hopefully support will replace it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would retry unplugging your cable and re-plug it back in.. data is getting there, but almost looks like what happen if a cable isn't getting all the data like it should for the display. Besides that - then there a problem with the left display (there are two in the HDM).

frankyfiggss334
Honored Guest
Send back my Rift for RMA on the 08/15/2016. Interesting sidenote: I got my RMA Ticket from Support on the 08/10/2016. After looking into my Oculus Account another rift unit appeared on that exact same date charging 0,00€. So hopefully they will ship it to me within the next days. Now it is approximately one Month since i made first contact with support. 

MrZoops
Honored Guest
I know this thread is old, but did a new headset fix the issue?