cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is House of the Dying Sun worth picking up?

Dumpy4Life
Honored Guest
How is the game in VR?
11 REPLIES 11

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't have it but I heard it's good. I'm thinking of picking it up myself.

SauSack
Protege
Its great, I would say from the gaming mechanics I think its what EVE was supposed to be!
Definately worth buying it!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This is the only game I thought of buying from the sale. But I'm so hooked in to Skyrim right now that I'm just gonna wait longer. Besides, Obduction will be out very soon:

http://obduction.com/

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Zenbane - Skyrim in VR? You said Ethan Carter made you want to puke, so I'm not sure how you cope with Skyrim. I take it you are using Vorpx for Skyrim?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Ah no, sorry. I'm playing Skyrim in 2D, although I often load it up with Virtual Desktop. I decided against Vorpx for the reason you mentioned, without native support it doesn't seem like a good idea to force VR.

jademan
Heroic Explorer
I'm still wondering about this one myself... and Everspace looks intriguing, but I am still very happy with Elite. I like the "full-featured" space sim that turns some off to Elite, and I'm not sure I see the long-term of Everspace yet. It looks a bit more arcadey to me, but being a lover of sims, I can't stop thinking about trying it out.

Anyone here that plays Elite gotten into Everspace yet? Or that could compare it to House of The Dying Sun?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm still waiting to see if NoMansSky will have VR support when it's released on 9th August. I'm sure they could of said by now but seems they like to keep people guessing.

DarkTenka
Trustee

lovethis said:

I'm still waiting to see if NoMansSky will have VR support when it's released on 9th August. I'm sure they could of said by now but seems they like to keep people guessing.

They have said it wont have native VR support on launch but they are looking into adding it later.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Killcard - Where did they say that? I've looked everywhere and I've never seen them state that?