cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift crashing/freezing my PC almost everytime...

Mysticmaus
Explorer
Hi!

Since i have my Oculus Rift my PC is having problems ... everytime when i am playing a game, it crashes/freezes my PC after a few minutes...

I have a high-end PC with 2x a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti , most of the time i have it in SLI , but in normal mode i also have the same problems ..

The GPU temps goes up to 80 C sometimes but nothing strange , it should be able to handle that.
The last time my PC crashed it was not even at 70 C..

Anybody has the same problems too? / Know how to fix this?

Greetings
28 REPLIES 28

pkivolowitz
Honored Guest
Rift is a very expensive reset button for me.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you running Nvidia Surround? Which games specifically are crashing?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Mysticmaus
Explorer

Are you running Nvidia Surround? Which games specifically are crashing?

Hi , no i am not running Nvidia Surround.

It happens to all games what have rift support , they all crash the whole PC after a few minutes in the game , normal games without rift work fine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload the LogGatherer zip file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Mysticmaus
Explorer
Sorry for the delay , here is the zip file >

Please let me know if you see what is causing these freezes / crashes

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not seeing anything that looks like it would cause a crash. I see a bunch of sessions errors, which could be solved by logging out and logging in to the Oculus app and then reinstalling the Oculus software. There is also an error about failing to set the power level on the Nvidia card. Haven't seen that one before. Do you have the latest video driver?

Mysticmaus
Explorer
Yes i have the latest Nvidia driver, never changed anything to it.

Strange that you cannot see anything 😞

Gwiz84
Heroic Explorer
You realise sli is not supported? Try disabling that.

Mysticmaus
Explorer

Gwiz84 said:

You realise sli is not supported? Try disabling that.

No it did not know this ... , maybe that is the problem 🙂 , but then if i use my on only 1 980 TI then it gets really hot , like 84 C hot ... that is why i use SLI to split the load.