cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift loses randomly HDMI connection

schrumpelrat
Honored Guest
first of english is not my native language and i'm not great with it, so please excuse bad grammar etc.

i have a problem with my rift. since it came to me i have trouble to play for more than a couple minutes or not even seconds before it loses the hdmi connection.
i tried several steps to fix this issue:

connect hdmi direct to the gpu port
connect hdmi through a front connection in my card reader
connect through a dvi to hdmi connector, a passive displayport to hdmi connector and an active displayport to hdmi connector

i also tried to refit the cable in the rift. i connected the rift to the usb 3 ports of my motherboard and on the port of my add on card. i also tried one usb 3 on the mb and one on the add on card and switch them vice versa.
i disabled the energy savings options on all usb ports, the rift sensor and the gpu.
i also tried different usb and gpu drivers (older ones as well as the current ones)

my specs:
intel i7 4790k
msi gd65 z87 gaming
palit gamerock 1080 (had the same issues on my palit 980ti, but my 1080 came short after my rift and i was thinking the 980ti had a incompatible hdmi port)
32gb ddr3 2133mhz
windows 10 pro 64bit
fresco logic fl1100 usb 3 pcie card

current installed gpu driver is 368.51, for usb 3 it is 10.0.10586.212 for the fresco card and the default windows driver for the intel usb 3 on the motherboard.

i also restart my pc after every fix attempt just to be sure everything is in the right place. 

i hope someone can help me to get in vr already ;_;

i added also the recommended logs. 
197 REPLIES 197

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I understand. I will speak with the support team about your issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
So much for a no issues Rift. It went black playing Ascension and Windows did the device connected/disconnected sound.  About 4 seconds later, I got video, but mic wasnt working, and the guy I was playing with had no idea why I wouldnt respond.

Lovely! $900....

SauSack
Protege

Yes, I understand. I will speak with the support team about your issue.

Yes, please try to speed up the support for us HDMI victims!!
We are all motivated to spend our hard earned money for this project, we deserve a solution faster than two months or so.
How should we advertise this great immersion bringer when its broken for the first time?
We all have to strike the iron while its hot!!

Waiting for a working Rift.....

PiranhaUK
Honored Guest
I too am having the intermittent HDMI issue which is now happening every 5-10 mins and requires The Assembly to be restarted each and every time :o(

Luckily I'd check on here before hand and so ruled out the cable using a friends CV1 and ruled out the PC by trying it on a completely different PC setup. I even had the logs all ready to send.

Had a very quick response from support so far so hopefully it will get sorted quickly.

muskey
Explorer
Hi guys i also am having the same issue, hdmi drop then back with no sound.  Hdmi cables were messed up when rift arrived new, so looking a new cable hopefully tht will help definatly strange thow that it also fixes itself ,can only play for 5 mins at a time now ......not good.

warmongerVR
Honored Guest
same here,  HDMI disconnects every 5 minutes or so, I've been waiting about 2 weeks for a response from support  since I sent oculus logs which they requested, no confirmation that they have received it so I have sent it 3 times the last one asking for confirmation that they have received it, but still heard nothing , tried every combo with usb's, its disgusting how they are treating everyone with this problem, the support is rubbish

Laddi_de
Protege

PiranhaUK said:

Had a very quick response from support so far so hopefully it will get sorted quickly.

They are very quick until it is clear that the rift has a problem. Then the communication stops rapidly. 

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Laddi_de said:

PiranhaUK said:

They are very quick until it is clear that the rift has a problem. Then the communication stops rapidly. 

Funny enough, that's my experience as well. They responded 3 times pretty quickly, then nothing. They failed to address the odd pattern/color in my left eye during loading screens and dark scenes  in Mythos of the World Axis and didn't answer why I have a few thousand errors from the Rift in Event Viewer.

SauSack
Protege
The official  voices are much to silent although it looks like a problem with a whole charge or more but,
No need to be offensive against the support or anybody involved.
And pls, don't mix the threads, keep the forum clean and stay within the rifht threads, or start a new one if you encounter a NEW problem.

And stay constructive to help us all solving ecerybodys issue.........

And, oculus, talk to us 😉

Regards

Lanadelhanks
Explorer
Got my Rift 3 days ago and am having this exact issue. I first noticed it during the driver setup and figured my HDMI port was going. It stopped soon after and I got a solid 2 days of play, then it hit me hard today and won't go away. I can't play for more than a minute without it losing connection. Sent a support ticket but now I'm worried that they are gonna take forever. I might just return it to Amazon honestly if they take a long time. So much for this. 😞