cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact lenses

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
First: I am sorry! I did not have found a clear answer on that. So I am asking now.

My girlfriend wears contact lenses. I want to show her the Rift today. Is there anything I have to adjust or to be aware of?
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dodger77
Protege
I wear contact lenses myself and it's no problem with the Rift... nothing to adjust or to be aware of. 😉

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Dodger77
Protege
I wear contact lenses myself and it's no problem with the Rift... nothing to adjust or to be aware of. 😉

Rifts
Adventurer
I agree with the post above me, haven't experienced any problems. When I'm tired and stay in VR for too long they will dry out, but that happens without wearing a HMD too. Although I guess it could happen a little faster since you're actually staring into displays.

Warbloke
Superstar

The heat from the screens being in such close proximity to her eyes will melt the soft contact lens material onto her retina and she will be permanently blinded.

Nah not really - I also wear contact lenses in the rift and there is no issues with comfort or focus.

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I wear contacts everyday, and use them with the Rift everyday, no problems yet. I even asked my eye doctor a few questions recently... Overall he didn't give me to bad of feeling about it, just stating to take breaks often and not spend to much time in it in a day (I usually play about 3 hours at a time.)

vlodato
Adventurer
I have contacts and use my rift daily. i try to use saline drops before i use the headset as my eyes can get dry fast. Most of the time my eyes get tired after about 3 hours but i think thats probably normal for any rifter with or without contacts.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Hey guys, thank you for your answers! 🙂
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

LZoltowski
Champion
I wish I could wear contacts ... Have to use my HMD Glasses free which is not that much of an issue but it does strain my eyes over a longer period. Still waiting for my VR Lens kit

Whenever I tried contact lenses I turned into this:

My eye balls are so sensitive. Anyways ... maybe I'm just being a scaredy cat, any tips for overcoming the sensitive eye issues?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Rifts
Adventurer
@LZoltowski I cried like a baby the first times I used mine, and it took more than 30 minutes just to put them in. In the end you just got to get used to it. I had to literally force my eyelids open before putting them in, until a few months later I had lost the reflex to shut my eyes and I could poke the eyeballs without a twitch B). Now it takes less than 10 seconds.

LZoltowski
Champion
@Rifts  .. yeah I thought so ... Im just a big cry baby ... Ill speak to my optician next week ... and maybe give them another go.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂