cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift loses randomly HDMI connection

schrumpelrat
Honored Guest
first of english is not my native language and i'm not great with it, so please excuse bad grammar etc.

i have a problem with my rift. since it came to me i have trouble to play for more than a couple minutes or not even seconds before it loses the hdmi connection.
i tried several steps to fix this issue:

connect hdmi direct to the gpu port
connect hdmi through a front connection in my card reader
connect through a dvi to hdmi connector, a passive displayport to hdmi connector and an active displayport to hdmi connector

i also tried to refit the cable in the rift. i connected the rift to the usb 3 ports of my motherboard and on the port of my add on card. i also tried one usb 3 on the mb and one on the add on card and switch them vice versa.
i disabled the energy savings options on all usb ports, the rift sensor and the gpu.
i also tried different usb and gpu drivers (older ones as well as the current ones)

my specs:
intel i7 4790k
msi gd65 z87 gaming
palit gamerock 1080 (had the same issues on my palit 980ti, but my 1080 came short after my rift and i was thinking the 980ti had a incompatible hdmi port)
32gb ddr3 2133mhz
windows 10 pro 64bit
fresco logic fl1100 usb 3 pcie card

current installed gpu driver is 368.51, for usb 3 it is 10.0.10586.212 for the fresco card and the default windows driver for the intel usb 3 on the motherboard.

i also restart my pc after every fix attempt just to be sure everything is in the right place. 

i hope someone can help me to get in vr already ;_;

i added also the recommended logs. 
197 REPLIES 197

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please wait for support to respond. We can replace the cable or the headset if necessary. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Lanadelhanks
Explorer
Okay, I'll wait it out. Thank you.

Laddi_de
Protege
Really, you bought yours a few days ago?
At Amazon?

It's your decision! Lucky Guy! You have a choice!

Lanadelhanks
Explorer
Yeah I think I'm going to, I was in contact with support but they stopped responding once I sent the pictures they asked for. Amazon return is short and sweet.

Laddi_de
Protege
Believe me, good decision! Bad for the guy with the next warehouse deal  😉

@SauSack:
No one is offensive against the guys from Oculus. Soon there will be a lot of competitors with the ability to satisfy costomer needs. Right now there is a hype about it and all the nerds like us are very easy to satisfy. When you behave like that on a mass market you will fail.

I work for a big retailer in the software development. When I take a look at our tickets from customers and how they behave for much less, compared to this, this is a birthday party.

PiranhaUK
Honored Guest

Laddi_de said:

PiranhaUK said:

Had a very quick response from support so far so hopefully it will get sorted quickly.

They are very quick until it is clear that the rift has a problem. Then the communication stops rapidly. 

I may have spoken too soon. I had 3 quick responses over 50 minutes and now complete silence for 3 days after sending them the full log files. I'd already spent hours/days troubleshooting the issue and confirmed that it is not an issue with the PC setup or the Cable before contacting them so was hoping for a quick resolution.  Hopefully this won't end up dragging out over weeks....

Laddi_de
Protege
AHHHH! They closed my ticket! Thank you Oculus! Now I can start from the beginning!

Too many negative posts I think. Well, they are stronger than me. o:)

Why have I bought it? I was so stupid!  😞

I got a quick answer: The ticket is closed after 7 days automtically. Internally it is still open. Well, I got a heartattack  :s

Fiege
Expert Protege
Folks, guess what! The hdmi connection error is back and this time it's really bad. I haven't used the rift for a couple of days and when I picked it up again the error messages started and haven't stopped since. I'm still not sure wether it is because of faulty hardware or bad usb handling and I don't care to be honest. I've paid almost 750 Euros and I do have a computer which meets all the requirements, so I don't blo**y care, if it is due to faulty hardware or software.

PIXELATED
Adventurer
@Fiege
If you haven't done this already.. do the things described in this thread:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
Supply support with photos of pin ends of hdmi/usb cables, video, full specs of your computer, the log files and a list of everything you've tried to solve the issue + anything else you can think of - Give them a few days to get back to you on the premise you'll contact the bank you bought the Rift through to pursue 'charge back' if support aren't responding.

I recon there was a bad batch of CV1's (consumer versions!- irony) and support are trying to work out how to deal with it.

<good luck>  
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

Professord3ath
Honored Guest
Same issue here. I even sent them a picture.....radio silence for a month.

Filed resolution not return through PayPal. Hopefully I'll get a response but I'm not holding my breath!