cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many have had issues vs no issues with their Rift?

Deathound
Protege
I purchased my Rift a little over a week ago, and have had nothing but issues with it. I am having the same issue many people are having with the HDMI/USB connection always getting lost even with a supported computer and drivers. 

I opened a ticket, and had great support immediately. This post is not to undermine Oculus on their support as I had a good experience. After going back and forth and getting to the point of them wanting to send me a new cable, I decided just to return the unit to Best Buy. I have read posts about having this same issue and didn't want to get stuck with a lemon. 

So my question is how many people have units that just work?

I am trying to figure out if I am just part of a handful of people that have had issues, or this is a bigger problem.

I did not reorder a Rift after I returned it, and I am not sure if I should just sit and wait for Oculus to get this all worked out or dive right back in. 
135 REPLIES 135

Volksheld
Protege
From first day on only Issues , Support is very slow ...I am totaly frustrated ..
Now i have the VR Lens and Cover and a broken Rift for 700€ here ... Great ..thank you Oculus

Bleppe
Adventurer
Have had mine since early June and no issues so far.

Vorpelx
Explorer
Wow I guess the ball is rolling now. I got another Email from Support yesterday! They are sending me a RMA in 1-3 business days. Since the email came Friday afternoon, then hopefully I'll get it by Wednesday of next week..  Then 8-12 business days after they receive it to check, inspect, process, and finalize it before a new replacement will be shipped.  So on the speedy side it should take 2-3 weeks and about a month (4 weeks) on the slow side. So at least things are in motion and hopefully at the end of this ordeal I'll have a new working rift.

splicer12
Protege
I have had intermittent issues with the "HDMI cable not plugged in" error, but I have narrowed it down on my end and it only happens after my computer has woken up from sleep mode. If I restart my computer the problem is corrected. It seems to me to be more of a USB/power management issue, and less of a Rift-specific problem.

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
No issues.  Very awesome!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Deathound said:

Well I decided to reorder another Rift from Best Buy. Crosses fingers this one works.

I bought both my Rift any my Asus VR-Ready PC from BestBuy.com; and I have enjoyed zero problems from Day 1 with my Rift and my PC. Hopefully you will be able to claim the same 😄

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Zenbane said:

Asus VR-Ready PC from BestBuy

ugh

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
lol well remember, Mr. Fly, you are having quite a few problems with your Rift and PC, whereas I have none. Your selling point for custom built is kinda low, bra.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
bahahaha! This fricken guy.

The Windows update issue with the Xbox controller is my only issue and it has nothing to do with prebuilt vs custom building.
You're hilarious Zenbnane. Enjoy your overpriced junk though. Nice OEM mobo,  questionable PSU, crap cooling, , bloatware and  profit gouging price tag. Totally worth it.
The only reason one would by a POS prebult at Bestbuy is you arent too good with PCs.

Quite a few problems! haha, still chuckling. If my Rift  began having problems you'd  talk smack about my PC? What planet are you on?

Qba73
Protege

no issues at all here.. worked right out of the box, aside from MS breaking the xbox controller function with the 10 anniv update.

but one thing I say it needs is more fleshed out content, but that will come in time from Developers..

I9 13900k @ 6.0ghz AC (water), Asus Z690 Apex, 64gb gskill 5800 DDR5, Aorus 4090 Waterforce @ 3ghz