cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable replacement

Rayden
Explorer
Hello Guys,

Will there a way to easily change the cable going into the CV1 headset ?

Is this cable a standard cable type which I can buy somewhere (like USB or HDMI) or is it only possible to buy via Oculus ?

How much will the cable cost ? (I would like to buy a spare one in case mine breaks)
9 REPLIES 9

djvatio
Honored Guest
I am waiting to buy one on any shop.

djvatio
Honored Guest
The cable has oculus propietary conector to usb hdmi. There is not possible to buy replacement today.

keesi
Expert Protege
I think they are planning on replacement items you can just buy from the website or something.
The replacement cables etc people get shipped are packaged really nicely and the faceplate on the rift has an A on it wich might suggest more types (B,C,D) incoming some time later on.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Yeah,  you just unplug the old cable from your computer, remove the Facial interface and unplug  the cable from your CV1, Installation is reverse of removal.

Is this cable a standard cable type which I can buy somewhere (like USB or HDMI) or is it only possible to buy via Oculus ?

No, it's proprietary.

How much will the cable cost ? (I would like to buy a spare one in case mine breaks)
Nobody knows.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My cable is busted after something chewed it.  I emailed support asking if I can purchase one but was told I cannot purchase one and to wait patiently for a solution in the future. So I pretty much now have a very expensive paper weight. 

XMerc
Expert Protege
They really should be selling these on the website...as well as any other replacement parts people may need.

Gwolfden
Honored Guest
I wonder if they shouldn't have just used two conventional mini HDMI and USB connector rather than this proprietary one. It doesn't seem very durable.

Progje
Explorer

Gwolfden said:

I wonder if they shouldn't have just used two conventional mini HDMI and USB connector rather than this proprietary one. It doesn't seem very durable.

It isn't very durable... not even 4 months, while not using it every day, it bended at the spot where it comes out of the holder of the cable, not even the connectors. It would better if it came out on the back instead of the side going almost 90 degrees down. But who am i. Now i have a broken rift here 😞 Yea i can pay 59 euro's but it's gonna happen again and again..... Maybe some sort of thing around it would help.

Progje
Explorer

TwoHedWlf said:

Yeah,  you just unplug the old cable from your computer, remove the Facial interface and unplug  the cable from your CV1, Installation is reverse of removal.

No, it's proprietary.

Nobody knows.

59 euro's   (that's about 69 dollars)