New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How many have had issues vs no issues with their Rift?

Comments

• BleppeBleppe Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    Have had mine since early June and no issues so far.
  • VorpelxVorpelx Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Wow I guess the ball is rolling now. I got another Email from Support yesterday! They are sending me a RMA in 1-3 business days. Since the email came Friday afternoon, then hopefully I'll get it by Wednesday of next week..  Then 8-12 business days after they receive it to check, inspect, process, and finalize it before a new replacement will be shipped.  So on the speedy side it should take 2-3 weeks and about a month (4 weeks) on the slow side. So at least things are in motion and hopefully at the end of this ordeal I'll have a new working rift.
  • splicer12splicer12 Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have had intermittent issues with the "HDMI cable not plugged in" error, but I have narrowed it down on my end and it only happens after my computer has woken up from sleep mode. If I restart my computer the problem is corrected. It seems to me to be more of a USB/power management issue, and less of a Rift-specific problem.
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    No issues.  Very awesome!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,806 Valuable Player
    Deathound said:
    Well I decided to reorder another Rift from Best Buy. Crosses fingers this one works.
    I bought both my Rift any my Asus VR-Ready PC from BestBuy.com; and I have enjoyed zero problems from Day 1 with my Rift and my PC. Hopefully you will be able to claim the same :D
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,212
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
     Asus VR-Ready PC from BestBuy
    ugh
    lol well remember, Mr. Fly, you are having quite a few problems with your Rift and PC, whereas I have none. Your selling point for custom built is kinda low, bra.
    3Jane
    edited August 2016
    bahahaha! This fricken guy.

The Windows update issue with the Xbox controller is my only issue and it has nothing to do with prebuilt vs custom building.
    You're hilarious Zenbnane. Enjoy your overpriced junk though. Nice OEM mobo,  questionable PSU, crap cooling, , bloatware and  profit gouging price tag. Totally worth it.
    The only reason one would by a POS prebult at Bestbuy is you arent too good with PCs.

Quite a few problems! haha, still chuckling. If my Rift  began having problems you'd  talk smack about my PC? What planet are you on?
  • Qba73Qba73 Posts: 19
    NerveGear

no issues at all here.. worked right out of the box, aside from MS breaking the xbox controller function with the 10 anniv update.

but one thing I say it needs is more fleshed out content, but that will come in time from Developers..

edited August 2016
    bahahaha! This fricken guy.

The Windows update issue with the Xbox controller is my only issue and it has nothing to do with prebuilt vs custom building.
    You're hilarious Zenbnane. Enjoy your overpriced junk though. Nice OEM mobo,  questionable PSU, crap cooling, , bloatware and  profit gouging price tag. Totally worth it.
    The only reason one would by a POS prebult at Bestbuy is you arent too good with PCs.

Quite a few problems! haha, still chuckling. If my Rift  began having problems you'd  talk smack about my PC? What planet are you on?
    I'm very good with PC's, and maybe later I'll post a pic of the custom built rig I created several years back. Every time you take that terrible logical leap and assume I bought a VR Ready PC because "I'm not good with PC's," I'm going to easily dismiss you by saying that the only reason you build your own terribly configured PC's is because you don't make much money. There's a reason people who can build PC's buy them, it's for convenience. I've posted articles on this (as if articles are needed to reinforce common sense), but you ignore it in favor of spamming the only rationale you seem to understand.

Also, you have reported more than just the problems with the controller:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/424471/#Comment_424471

• sculbert1sculbert1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I got mine in June, no problems,
     works great. Use mine on my days off and put it away in the case it came in when I work.
    3Jane
    So good with PC's you got a POS prebuilt at Bestbuy.
  • Superman217Superman217 Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    Works great.  I even use an HDMI and USB 3 extender....  Just waiting on the Touch  =)
    Ryzen 9 3900X | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | G.Skill Trident Neo 32GB DDR4 3600 RGB | EVGA RTX  2070 Black Edition
    So good with PC's you got a POS prebuilt at Bestbuy.
    You don't even know what my Asus spec's are, and unlike you I'm not having multiple problems with my PC nor my HMD. I'm good with PC's and I can also afford a prebuilt. That's what happens when you're a grownup. Cry harder, spammer.
  • DeathoundDeathound Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    Not worth arguing over prebuilt or building yourself. 

I have built all my gaming machines myself, but have friends and family that just buy them prebuilt. To each his own. 

I travel for work and am in need of a smaller form factor gaming machine to bring with me. I thought about buying an x51 just for that reason. After doing more research decided to build an itx mini machine in a compact case. 

edited August 2016
    Yeah I'm not interested in such a debate, I've built PC's and servers, and I build software for a living. My original comment was meant to assure you that a Best Buy purchase will likely turn out well, as mine did. But all Doodoofly saw was the word "pre-built" and the coils went kookoo lol

Anywho, good luck with your purchase!
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:
    Yeah I'm not interested in such a debate, I've built PC's and servers, and I build software for a living. My original comment was meant to assure you that a Best Buy purchase will likely turn out well, as mine did. But all Doodoofly saw was the word "pre-built" and the coils went kookoo lol

Anywho, good luck with your purchase!
    Thanks!

My new Rift comes on Friday, and all the parts to build my new portable Gaming machine do as well. So I will now have access to 3 computers all of them meet the needs of Rift, so if I cant get this one to work then I am going to pull my hair out!! lol

Im still convinced the first one was defective, due to the fact that just gently squeezing or moving the head set would make it lose connection. Even after making sure the cable was seated in the headset correctly, after unplugging it and reseating it. It seems to have been a common problem as I have seen youtube videos of people having the same issue. 
    edited August 2016
    Well definitely keep us posted. Gently caressing the Rift should never cause it to lose connection. Yanking it off violently because a monster is an inch away from your face on the verge of swallowing you whole... also should not cause the Rift any problems. It's a durable sexy thang.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 489
    Trinity
    absaloutly zero problems with itself ... I a few P.E.B.K.A.C issues upon setting it up the very 1st time outta the box.and the foam surround is starting to come away from the faceplate but theres a replacement on its way to me as I type ... so in all I'm a happy bunny !
  • I AM SURE THINGS WILL SOON BE GOTTEN RIGHT ON OCULUS AFTER MANY UPDATE
  • jjkrogsjjkrogs Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2016
    Had a bear of a time getting it up and running, had to buy the Inateck USB 3.0, then make sure I was running THEIR drivers and not the default windows drivers for it...  Also had disconnect issues until I disallowed the power shut-off of the USB hub with the check box.  Ran great for awhile. 

However, I recently started getting the random headset disconnects again, and realized I recently updated Win 10 to the anniversary edition and discovered it re-checked that box by default.  I can uncheck, however the setting isn't saved as every time I reboot the box is checked again.  One of the many surprises of the new Windows 10 update...

Windows 10 prior to the "anniversary update" was as stable as Windows 7.  Now it resembles the disaster that was Windows ME.
  • JED44JED44 Posts: 448 Poster of the Week
    No problems on this end besides the controller not working for win 7, but that's a Microsoft issue. Bit the bullet and upgraded to 10 and no issues after that. (seriously Microsoft?) Haven't used the rift in a week or two though, I will probably open it back up tonight and see if there are any issues caused by updates. 
  • DouglarseDouglarse Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    No problems with the hardware whats so ever, even the brand new PC was straight out of the box and working.

The only real problem I'm now facing, is the constant moaning from the wife, thats she's not getting my full attention and is feeling like a VR widow, hopefully she will get over it.
  • DrRavineDrRavine Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I had two defective lenses unfortunately. One had the dreaded red tint and the other really bad posterization and gradient banding. The net effect made games with lots of dark areas and shadows (e.g. Elite Dangerous and Dreadhalls) almost unplayable as the lenses displayed very different images. I felt crossed eyed while playing them.

Happily Oculus have agreed to send me a new Rift. Hopefully the new one will be properly quality controlled!
  • howardru4uhowardru4u Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    HDMI disconnects drove me nuts for about 2 weeks.  Once I reported to support and provided my serial # off the box (not from the s/w), they agreed to swap entire system.  My guess is a bad batch of units based on serial #.  Perhaps 3rd shift in Shenzhen didn't get enough sleep.
    Brain Burst
    edited August 2016
    HDMI disconnects drove me nuts for about 2 weeks.  Once I reported to support and provided my serial # off the box (not from the s/w), they agreed to swap entire system.  My guess is a bad batch of units based on serial #.  Perhaps 3rd shift in Shenzhen didn't get enough sleep.
    Thats what I figured was wrong with my unit after reading all the people having the same issue. I got to frustrated to sit and wait for support and just returned it to best Buy, hopefully this new one is from a different batch. 

I did notice that the first order from Best Buy only took 2 days to get, but this second one is taking over a week. So I wonder if Oculus pulled the stock from Best Buy to check a certain batch of units. Just speculating there. 
  • uswinuswin Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I have similar HDMI disconnect issue lately in my DK2, I seem able to solve this by uninstalling my USB3 controller, and make all of my usb as a standard USB2, and since then it seem the HDMI disconnect thing has not appear. so I suspect there are still issue in usb3 handling either in oculus driver, oculus HOME, VGA driver, or motherboard driver, driving me nuts
  • splicer12splicer12 Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    The only issue I have had is that after my PC goes to sleep via power management, sometimes the HDMI cable disconnect error appears. However, every time it happens (only a couple times per week) all I need to do is restart my computer and the error disappears.

That and if my glasses are dirty the graphics are blurry, but that's more of a personal problem.  :D
  • MrPark94MrPark94 Posts: 144
    Art3mis
    i have the rift for 2 months now. i am not so lucky to not have problems with it. buggy usb 3.0 connection. even with the recomended inateck card.
    sensor keeps disconnecting and no hdmi connection problems.
    sometimes the headphones onlu sound comes out from one side.
    firmware update issues.. i sometimes cant get into home..it says oculus maybe updating. there are days al work well,and days with problems.
    my pc meets the recommended specs and i have a gtx 1070 gpu.
  • BelgorBelgor Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    No issues here with the HMD.

There are the usual beta querks with the software, but that should be easy enough to fix.

Examples, the reset configure rift, reset default view in VR, will crash if you have opened anything while doing it, but its nothing a reboot wount fix. Just remember to close apps before using the configure rift...

2 times I had my remote not answering - again after a reboot that problem went away.