cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift loses randomly HDMI connection

schrumpelrat
Honored Guest
first of english is not my native language and i'm not great with it, so please excuse bad grammar etc.

i have a problem with my rift. since it came to me i have trouble to play for more than a couple minutes or not even seconds before it loses the hdmi connection.
i tried several steps to fix this issue:

connect hdmi direct to the gpu port
connect hdmi through a front connection in my card reader
connect through a dvi to hdmi connector, a passive displayport to hdmi connector and an active displayport to hdmi connector

i also tried to refit the cable in the rift. i connected the rift to the usb 3 ports of my motherboard and on the port of my add on card. i also tried one usb 3 on the mb and one on the add on card and switch them vice versa.
i disabled the energy savings options on all usb ports, the rift sensor and the gpu.
i also tried different usb and gpu drivers (older ones as well as the current ones)

my specs:
intel i7 4790k
msi gd65 z87 gaming
palit gamerock 1080 (had the same issues on my palit 980ti, but my 1080 came short after my rift and i was thinking the 980ti had a incompatible hdmi port)
32gb ddr3 2133mhz
windows 10 pro 64bit
fresco logic fl1100 usb 3 pcie card

current installed gpu driver is 368.51, for usb 3 it is 10.0.10586.212 for the fresco card and the default windows driver for the intel usb 3 on the motherboard.

i also restart my pc after every fix attempt just to be sure everything is in the right place. 

i hope someone can help me to get in vr already ;_;

i added also the recommended logs. 
197 REPLIES 197

DNACowboy
Adventurer
This is madness, I got the Rift after checking the comparability tool which confirmed my USB slots are supported. I have one of the best pc's you can get yet after owning the device for no more than THREE weeks I get disconnects, black screen and thrown to Home with no way back? I may demand a refund as I am starting to think there may have been a bad batch of CV1's as so many are borked.
Who is John Galt?

Laddi_de
Protege
Hey, I got the Return-Label!

Now I have a question: Should I retunr everything or just the Headset, wich is broken?

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Laddi_de You should return everything if the RMA is for a full replacement.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Laddi_de
Protege
OK, thanks, everything is packed and ready to return!

jjkrogs
Protege
I finally had to open a ticket on this.  Happens about once per hour for me now, and doesn't seem to be affected by the "allow USB device deactivation" in hardware manager, which I thought was the issue initially.

mediavr
Protege
I have a problem with sensor not detected and hdmi disconnecting too since 1.7. But the main problem is the sensor not detected. Inateck or PC USB3s I guess it is not possible to download 1.6? Or to set the Rift somehow that you can continue using the Rift without the sensor. Arrgh! Maybe I have to borrow a DK2 from someone to continue working. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try using USB 2.0.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DNACowboy
Adventurer
Let me get this straight, are the 'HDMI disconnects' a result of the sensor or the hdmi cable/headset?
Who is John Galt?

Fiege
Expert Protege

DNACowboy said:

Let me get this straight, are the 'HDMI disconnects' a result of the sensor or the hdmi cable/headset?

I think most of the people in this thread can confirm that it's the headset (HMD) or its cable.

I'm about to receive a new one soon, got the information from support, hope it fixes it.

SauSack
Protege
......received my new Rift finally today.
Will report later about HDMI errors, which I hope won't occur again......