cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starship Bridge Demo - Beta

tmek
Protege
This is a VR environmental demo based on the Star Trek Voyager bridge.

Historical Documents are now available for viewing!
Version 0.2 released for testing (don't post to reddit yet please). See update info below.

Press ALT-ENTER to enter fullscreen Rift mode.

You may need to download and install the Microsoft VC++ redistributable here.

I recommend wearing headphones. There are three audio dialog cues you can find and trigger. Press 'e' to fire photon torpedoes.

Made in Unreal Engine 4. It runs at 60fps on my machine with a 760gtx in Oculus Rift mode.
Not sure how it will fare on other hardware.

If someone with a gamepad could test that it works with one I would appreciate it.

Additional screenshots

Download demo. (~114mb)

People have been having trouble getting it from Google Drive so added a Mega download as well.

Thanks!
-tmek

Update: v0.2 : The Historical Documents are now available for viewing!
Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!eUYhSCxA!DG59j7ureVbE3A-zIuCCEOMpe4Ynk6xvCg9CdYRmG6k

1.) Set Windows monitors to "extend desktop" instead of "clone".
2.) Visit Netflix.com using Google Chrome.
3.) Select and play one of the 700+ historical documents.
4.) Launch Bridge Demo v0.2
5.) Geek out.

(NOTE: Please don't post this on Reddit or anywhere else just yet, this update is just intended for testing and finding issues with the video capture and playback code.)

-
65 REPLIES 65

hellion
Honored Guest
Soooo awesome love it ... wish the tos and tng bridge and this were supporting the dk2 but none the less epic

Thorsir
Honored Guest
Hi!

Nice Job. I like it.
Are you working on a DK2 update?
😉

VRGameGirl1984
Honored Guest
"aschampion" wrote:
Great work, one of the best looking experiences I've had in the rift yet. Alt+enter didn't work for me with focus on or in the window; if anyone else has the same problem it's as easy as opening up the console (tilde), and entering:

stereo on
setres 1280x720 f

I tried those command lines and i still can't get this to work on my rift. No head tracking, just a screen on my monitor, not even side by side. It just comes up like a computer game. Not rift game. Please help!

iTrooper
Honored Guest
It would be great if this could be updated to work on the latest Oculus software, or at least one of the more recent SDKs.

Did you also make the TNG Engineering room? that could probably use an update as well.

Meowcat285
Honored Guest
The download for the 0.2 is broken

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
wow, please dont necro.