cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download : Oculus Runtime v1.7 Offline Installer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody ,

As Oculus doesn't want to give us an Offline Oculus Runtime Installer to people who are suffering from poor internet connection.
or just don't want to download that data over and over again for every Windows installation process .

Here are the offline installer files ready for you to download :

OculusSetup.exe : 

.rar password : fawal_1997

( the installation process is not fully offline , it needs any internet connection for verifying the files through the installation process , but the actual installation files will not be downloaded )

Instructions :

1- Decompress ( Oculus Runtime Offline Installer.rar ) file
2- Just Copy the folder named ( OculusSetup-DownloadCache ) to your " C:\ " Drive ( or the drive where your windows is installed )
3- Start your OculusSetup.exe ( Version 1.6.0.244890 ) as an adminstrator 
4- Continue throught the setup 
5- You will notice that it starts to download normally then after a second the bar will progress to 300mb then to the installation process
6- Enjoy your offline installation

Notes :

1- You'll need internet connection for the installation process just to verify the files but it will not download anything .
2- This installation was tested on Windows 7 x64 , If it doesn't work on other version of windows please leave a comment below so I can upload files for other versions of windows 
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expt626 said:

Mradr said:

Expt626 said:

@fawal_1997
thanks for the effort, not that I don't trust you. I just wish Oculus could provide actual support for offline installers rather than we have to jump through so many hoops to get this feature. Isnt it to their benefit to get mass market adoption asap? Why alienate users that require a offline installer feature (which was available till runtime 0.8)?

I don't think mass market adoption is ready yet. This technology is soo "new" that only the top 10% has any real access to the hardware at even given time. Give it another 1 or so years and everything should be work out by then. Right now we're just seeing growing pains of software issues. Lets be honest - it took steam close to 4 years to get anything right.

I bought my first DK1 in 2013, it has been 3 years afaik. If Oculus is not aiming for mass market adoption now then I seriously don't how they going to survive in the long run. They did name their latest Rift CV1 not DK3. I don't really care about Oculus Home, the Rift hardware itself seem ready for mass market adoption to me.

You are right , as they decided to make the rift a " Consumer Product " , they have to commit to that standard of " Consumer " and do their best to assure that standard , but it needs time , on the other hand , I think simple things like offline installer do not need all that time to be ready . so , I think it is related to open software policy .

There are consumer products which are aimed at the top end of certain hobbies, trades and then there are the products that aim for the majority.

There are flight sims that only an enthusiast with experience could handle, then there are more arcade-type ones.

There are RC helicopters that only experts can handle then there are ones with simple controls.

There are surround sound systems for audiophiles that none of us would have a clue what to do with...

This could be said for everything.

The Rift is a consumer product, but it's possibly not for every consumer.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expt626 said:

Mradr said:

Expt626 said:

@fawal_1997
thanks for the effort, not that I don't trust you. I just wish Oculus could provide actual support for offline installers rather than we have to jump through so many hoops to get this feature. Isnt it to their benefit to get mass market adoption asap? Why alienate users that require a offline installer feature (which was available till runtime 0.8)?

I don't think mass market adoption is ready yet. This technology is soo "new" that only the top 10% has any real access to the hardware at even given time. Give it another 1 or so years and everything should be work out by then. Right now we're just seeing growing pains of software issues. Lets be honest - it took steam close to 4 years to get anything right.

I bought my first DK1 in 2013, it has been 3 years afaik. If Oculus is not aiming for mass market adoption now then I seriously don't how they going to survive in the long run. They did name their latest Rift CV1 not DK3. I don't really care about Oculus Home, the Rift hardware itself seem ready for mass market adoption to me.

There is a differences in mass market adoption and moving towards mass market adoption. Right now, as I said, CV1 only can work on the top 10%. DK2 and DK1 are just an idea on how it'll work that made CV1. A company will go through many of them just as we saw with crystal cove. Until they can make a device that can run on at least 40% of the market they wont have mass market adoption for another 2 years.

They are moving toward it though, but it's not their device that has to play catch up. It's the total computer market that has to. Customers are not buying graphic cards like they once used to. They pretty much now game off their Intel CPU because it's more than enough now for what they want to use. Now I don't mean 3D gaming, but Internet browsing and software use.

As for the price/cost - it doesn't really matter, but the hardware to run VR has to come down just a bit for more for "mass" adoption rate. Until that happens - we're just stuck at the top 10% and that's not even near a "massive" adoption rate, but it is enough for VR to grow and move towards "mass" adoption rate.

danknugz
Superstar
How big is the runtime like 20 megs? Why would Even bother unless you're on dial up
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

mbze430
Rising Star
maybe Egypt only does have dial-up 
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Expt626
Protege

Mradr said:

Expt626 said:

Mradr said:

Expt626 said:

@fawal_1997

There is a differences in mass market adoption and moving towards mass market adoption. Right now, as I said, CV1 only can work on the top 10%. DK2 and DK1 are just an idea on how it'll work that made CV1. A company will go through many of them just as we saw with crystal cove. Until they can make a device that can run on at least 40% of the market they wont have mass market adoption for another 2 years.

They are moving toward it though, but it's not their device that has to play catch up. It's the total computer market that has to. Customers are not buying graphic cards like they once used to. They pretty much now game off their Intel CPU because it's more than enough now for what they want to use. Now I don't mean 3D gaming, but Internet browsing and software use.

As for the price/cost - it doesn't really matter, but the hardware to run VR has to come down just a bit for more for "mass" adoption rate. Until that happens - we're just stuck at the top 10% and that's not even near a "massive" adoption rate, but it is enough for VR to grow and move towards "mass" adoption rate.

*face plamed* I'm pretty sure no company will ever declare their product is ready for mass market adoption after they conquer the entire market. I believe Oculus was planning for mass market adoption with CV1, of course the outcome is anyone's guess.

Please spare me the nitty gritty definitions and figures plucked from the sky, if Oculus deem it fit to call their rift "Consumer Version 1", it is ready for mass market adoption. So back to my point, why is Oculus making decisions that hinder their goal to mass market adoption? Truly puzzling... @.@

blanes
Rising Star
Good on you Fawal ... anyone who really needs it will surely try it themselves and scanning for viruses or trojans is hardly rocket science. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expt626 said:

Mradr said:

Expt626 said:

Mradr said:

Expt626 said:

@fawal_1997

*face plamed* I'm pretty sure no company will ever declare their product is ready for mass market adoption after they conquer the entire market. I believe Oculus was planning for mass market adoption with CV1, of course the outcome is anyone's guess.

Please spare me the nitty gritty definitions and figures plucked from the sky, if Oculus deem it fit to call their rift "Consumer Version 1", it is ready for mass market adoption. So back to my point, why is Oculus making decisions that hinder their goal to mass market adoption? Truly puzzling... @.@

CV1 wont be the one that does the mass market adoption. It's the one that starts it. That's what I said. It'll be another 2 years or CV2 that starts to see a increase pass the 10% adoption rate because of the fact that other market areas will have seen growth towards VR related needs. 

You don't understand much do you ^__^?

Anonymous
Not applicable

danknugz said:

How big is the runtime like 20 megs? Why would Even bother unless you're on dial up

the runtime files is about 800 mb
and my internet connection is 512Kbps , so , I think it is the same as Dial Up  😄
I used internet from a cyber cafe to upload the files

duesentrieb
Explorer
Hi Fawal_1997,
a big thank you for your post and the download links. I think that is very useful and very user friendly of you to provide me with that choice. I can not at all understand what Oculus is gaining be denying people this.
I have the same problem like many other professional users that I need to install the rift on computers on separate industrial networks. No Gaming at all.
With our files one way of installing would be to set up a fresh windows computer, install the rift with short web access first then go offline, desinfect the PC and install all other system relevant software and put it into the offline domain. Very cumbersome.
However, I wonder what the installer really does. Copy files, register Dlls and a service, create some registry leafs? That would be simple to do manually. I mean this is a developers forum, isn't it? I would be surprised if there would not be someone here who tried to go along that path. 
cheers