cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quake updated for 1.4, CV1

phoboslab
Explorer

I finally found some time to update my fork of the Quakespasm engine to work with the newest Oculus SDK. Still a gorgeous game after all these years. VR legs recommended!

Download Link, a video and some more info:
http://phoboslab.org/log/2016/05/quake-for-oculus-rift

37 REPLIES 37

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
I haven't tried yet, but if they created the levels in a *.pak file, then all you should need to do is drop that .pak in the ID folder.  I'm pretty sure that's how it worked in the old days.

joeshmoe44
Honored Guest
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how I get this up and running.  I have downloaded and unzipped Quakespasm-Rift-2.1 and quakespasm-0.92.0_win64, but I haven't got a clue what to do next.

I would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Tokyo_Funk
Protege
This is my favourite thing on the VR right now.

Joeshmoe44 : Unzip the contents in the "quakespasm-rift" foler into the directory where your base directory is -> quake.exe/quakeGL. Then run :"quakespasm-sdl2"

lairyboy
Protege
Awesome blast from the past. Thanks Phoboslab.

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer

DosBoss said:

I actually started working on bringing support to Quake2XP this weekend, going well so far!

Any updates on this? 🙂

joeshmoe44
Honored Guest

This is my favourite thing on the VR right now.

Joeshmoe44 : Unzip the contents in the "quakespasm-rift" foler into the directory where your base directory is -> quake.exe/quakeGL. Then run :"quakespasm-sdl2"

Thanks for the help Tokyo_Funk, but you might have to break it down a bit more for my small brain to comprehend.

I don't have a "quake.exe" file, nor do I have a sub-folder called "quakeGL".

I already have a folder with "quakespasm-sdl2.exe" in, which is my "quakespasm-0.92.0_win64" folder.  I can open this to play Quake on my monitor without any issues.

The "Quakespasm-Rift-2.1" folder has sub-folders called; Linux, MacOSX, Misc, Quake and Windows.  As well as a few other text files.  Should I simply be able to copy and paste these into the same folder as "quakespasm-sdl2.exe"?

Again, any help is very much appreciated.

Tokyo_Funk
Protege
I think your problem is, you're downloading the source code, not the main file: Usee this link -> https://github.com/phoboslab/Quakespasm-Rift/releases

Under downloads select only " quakespasm-rift-win-2.1.zip "

Do not touch -> 
You have been downloading the source code, not the game

FrankDrebin1979
Protege
Hi, sorry for bumping this topic but could you also add touch controller support pls?

RABID
Expert Protege

Hi, sorry for bumping this topic but could you also add touch controller support pls?

that would be awesome

elboffor
Consultant
I'm still waiting for the classic doom version for VR with touch.
Low grafix and everything included. It would be Uber pwntacular
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.