cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BigScreen update - had a fair amount of fun with this last night

kzintzi
Trustee
Hey all

I saw BigScreen Beta on Home last night and thought I'd have another go - it was a fair amount of fun :smile:

worked really well, and I had fun talking to the two American guys I dropped in on - they had an unsurprisingly large number of questions about Australia and how many of our animals/insects don't want to kill you (as we all know, most of them do - even some of the sheep can be dodgy if you turn your back on them). they also wanted to know if we listened to music like the rest of the world.. hilarious.

it'd be nice to chat to a few of you on there and put voices to the names - the timezone difference REALLY sucks though - it was 5pm over here and the guys I was speaking to said it was 2am or some such malarkey over in the US... probably doesn't lend itself to too much collaboration or getting to know @Zenbane, @LZoltowski, or @cybereality..
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
17 REPLIES 17

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yes, I've been looking forward to getting in on some group action. I know people having been chatting it up with Ascension VR, and now even Big Screens. I honestly haven't had much time to play much of anything lately due to an influx of work, coupled with family life. However, things are starting to get relaxed again so hopefully I can jump online with folks very soon.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Anyone know if the Oculus Home Bigscreen beta and the steam version are cross compatible?

Can an Oculus Home user drop into a Steam users room?

visc
Honored Guest
Nothing is compatible??!?! I'm quite angry about this.

If anyone wants to play BlazeRush - Add me to Ur Oculus home account.

Cheers L(

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So I originally had the Steam version installed. Which I promptly removed once the Oculus Home version came out. However, I can't get it to run. I searched for the error resolution, and it does seem like I'm not alone with the problem. Anyone who ran the Steam version first will likely have application errors with the Oculus version.

I haven't had any luck fixing the problem though.

NobodyImportant
Protege
I left my Steam version installed and installed the Oculus Home one in addition.  I just run whichever one is closest when the urge takes me.  Both seem to work fine.

Zandil
Rising Star
Yeah pretty bad here in Australia, got to watch out for all the deadly spiders that like to hide in the Rift. 

Greyman
Superstar
LOL and wouldn't it be "funny" if you loaded that new OH arachnophobia app, before putting on the headset, and thought that said spider was just a very lifelike virtual version?  

kojack
MVP
MVP
89yl46c0hwyp.jpg
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

CrashFu
Consultant
I used bigscreen to watch some hulu tonight (even though I already have the hulu vr app installed).   Seems nice.  I'm curious what actually can be displayed / watched by groups of people?  Potentially, I'd be really interested in watching some movies with other people in the community  (and riffing on those movies, MST3K style :grin:  )

Also, can OP confirm that the Australian language began as english but has since become 90% slang?  I tried watching a DVD of Mad Max with the "original australian english" and couldn't understand hardly any of it.  Thankfully, there was a separate "english dub" option on the DVD.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.