cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pinball fx2 vr not loading from oculus home

markpillows
Explorer
I purchased pinball fx2 from the oculus store and the darn thing will not even launch.  When I click to start the game it simply does nothing. Im running windows 10 64 bit os, amd fx 8350 @ 4 ghz, gtx 980 gpu.
7 REPLIES 7

Jeanyes
Honored Guest
Same here.  I had the older version running but after installing the updated content it fails to launch.  No error message, simply does not launch.  I tried from within the headset as well as clicking on icon with mouse.

markpillows
Explorer
bump, some additional info

if i manually go to the oculus folder/zen-pinball-zen-pinball-vr folder and click on the pfx2vr application (9,127)kb i get the message "the program can't start because msvcp11.0dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". I manually installed the said missing file with no positive results. the game still would not launch from oculus home. Inside of the zen-pinball-zen-pinball-vr folder is yet another folder named Pinball_FX2_VR_V1.0.1 if I open that folder there are a similar set of files from the first folder with the same name, one of the redundant files is pfx2vr application. If i click on the pfx2vr application file in the zen-pinball-zen-pinball-vr folder the game actually starts up and takes me to the pinball lobby but has the message "unable to verify the game license at this time, please try again later. Please check your internet connection and ensure you are signed in to your oculus account. press a to continue. once i press a it just exits out of the game and back to oculus home

nFlux_Don
Honored Guest
I have the exact same problem as markpillows and Jeanyes.  I posted the problem on Zen Studio's forum and received no response.

markpillows
Explorer
I posted there too (zen forums). They replied to me that they are looking in to it.   It's a little ridiculous that this issue has not been resolved yet.

Amy_Tear
Protege
Fixed it  🙂 Download   https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109 .
Unpack/Unzip then run the setup icon

VibrationsOfDoo
Honored Guest
Tried that Amy, still did not work... Any other suggestions? I'm about to go to Oculus for a refund... Sad too, as there are very few decent pinball games for the Rift.

Greyman
Superstar
I have a similar issue that appears to be being caused by a false positive on McAfee antivirus.  At least i hope it is a false positive, but either way, i don't see why i should have to disable my antivirus, just to get this working.