cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for Sensor Disconnection Issue

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've just started rolling out a possible fix for the repeated sensor disconnection issue. This is a problem that could cause the sensor to disconnect while idle on certain hardware configurations. Although we had some trouble reproducing the exact problem in our lab, we have a good idea of what the core issue was and believe it may be resolved.

Some customers have already received the update, and everyone else should have it within a few hours. The update should happen automatically, but you'll have to just unplug and replug the sensor to reset its state.

I'd recommend people wait until later this evening to test and see if the fix actually resolves their issue. Either way, please report back so we can understand if the fix was a success. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
304 REPLIES 304

XMerc
Expert Protege
Ok i'm still having the sensor disconnect issue after the update. It seems to be a little less common but it still happened twice in the last hour.

mbze430
Rising Star
I am sitting here looking at the oculus app for almost an hour... no update
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

XMerc
Expert Protege
For me it seems i'm only getting the disconnect issue in the USB 3.0 on the Inateck card. If I switch the sensor to the 2.0 onboard I do not get the disconnect issue.

MrPark94
Protege
I had the problems all the time.. But it totaly has go e away .. I dont now why ? It tried so many things to get the rift working.. But i am fine (for now)
Oculus has been a bumpy road.. Not As plug and play how they Saïd it would be

UnFknBLievable
Expert Protege
Still getting the disconnects while using my G25 wheel. It is really infuriating!

UncleDirk
Protege
I've not received the update.
I'm on sensor firmware 178/e9c7e04064

MrPark94
Protege
i\ve not recieved it as wel

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's not the sensor firmware. Its the Oculus App Version number. Open the settings menu in the Oculus app and click the General section, then look on the bottom. Everyone should have to update by now.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DNACowboy
Adventurer
Testing

edit. this is REALLY starting to get me down, as soon as I take the Rift off for even a second I get:

p6saq598ft1r.jpg
Who is John Galt?

Jusztin
Explorer
I have Oculus App Version 1.7.0.263882 (1.7.0.270909).
I don't get it why it is showing me 2 different? Downloaded but not updated? How to start the update if not offered automatically?