cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup: KB2670838 and KB3033929 required, but already installed

paranoidcoder
Explorer
So i'm trying to run the Oculus setup, however, every time I try it will not allow me to continue because i do not have the windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929, but I do have them installed!

The setup file i grabbed from here:
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

And I've verified through Windows "Installed updates" that both of those updates are present on my Windows 7 machine.

Against my better judgement, I even went through and uninstalled the windows updates, and installed them again, but this problem still persists!

Help? I've been trying to get this thing to work for the last 6 hours!
82 REPLIES 82

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you have Windows Update fully updated?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

falken76
Expert Consultant
I tried but it hung forever, so I just did a search for both of the updates themselves.  One was already installed the other was not.  Now it fails on install, where are the logs saved?  I have to keep downloading an 809 mb file, it tries to install, then says it failed and gives no explination.  This is infuriating, how do you install this?!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Install this too:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

falken76
Expert Consultant
Thank you, I'll try it

falken76
Expert Consultant
I installed that, it did not work.  Is there a log somewhere for failed install of oculus software?

falken76
Expert Consultant
Actually here is the log

falken76
Expert Consultant
Is this being caused by anti virus?  I have avast, I disabled all shields for 10 minutes then did the install, is avast not disabled that way?

quickit
Honored Guest
Hi, Did you find an answer.?
Got the same issue here. Tried all I could find, but no hope..

quickit
Honored Guest
ok... was case sensitive ! Don't forget to push MAJ key ...installing now..

kalliasx
Honored Guest
This is the most awful, buggy, inept setup in the history of computing, when it doesn't say can't connect, it will say you miss updates even if you don't, it's like a setup requires an animal sacrifice for it to work. It's unacceptable. This level of incompetence from a company selling expensive hardware and you can't even enjoy it until you wipe your disk clean, spend a full day on it and then it still will find a way not to install!!!! ENOUGH! If you don't want us to NEVER EVER buy another product from your company, you will give us an offline setup with the option to bypass any sneeze that the setup think will block it. Drop an offline setup already!