cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus CV1 serial No's (on the box that it came in) that you returned

PIXELATED
Adventurer
Please post your broken Rift serial number/date ordered/arrival/replacement in the hope of identifying the bad batch that were sent out and what may be wrong with them...

my original was :WMVR102J6003P1
- Ordered in Jan 2016 arrived June 2016 in the UK, RMA replacement arrived August 2016
Intermittent USB/HDMI disconnection 
'Hardware Error' in log files

CV1 returned (RMA) in 2 weeks after communication with 'support' = result = very happy
(Replacement works fine so far but I'm not going to tell you the serial number of this one that works !)

Please don't use this thread to complain, just offer up the serial of your broken rift + prognosis/symptom + outcome after replacement..

My replacement CV1 gets a bit hot... on the top left hand side from the wearers perspective (when it's on your head) but I hope that it's not tooo hot to melt the delicate solder connections that keep the cable connected.

The first CV1 I received functioned for a while then failed - 'hardware error' was in the log file

<good luck>
p
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
3 REPLIES 3

PIXELATED
Adventurer
anyone want to share their broken CV1 serial number?

Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

GoinSane
Protege
The S/N on the box is for the entire kit. The S/N for the HMD is on the right strap near the earphone.

Mine has a red tint that I hope to soon be fixed with a software update, so I have no S/N to report.

SergMatrix
Protege
i dont have serial number on the headset. only on the box what it means