cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

Lord_KiRon
Honored Guest
+1 for remove this damn message option.
My CPU is fine, the system is 1080 with 16GB ram and OC-ed i7-2700, runs everything fine, the message annoys.

Percy1983
Superstar
My fix still works best...
...I ignore it, I then launch a game/program and enjoy it.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

XMerc
Expert Protege
This seriously needs to be added as an option to turn off....

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
😛

ThatOdieGuy
Explorer
GTX 1060 here, Oculus say it's not good enough. "Get a 970 or higher" it says... piss off.

Westside123
Honored Guest
Exactly this annoying message is not only irritating it stops you from playing (and buying) any games from the Oculus store. 

I am only borrowing a DK2 at the moment to experiment, but based on my experience so far with it whining about a genuine USB 3.0 port not being good enough and telling me to buy additional hardware or it whining about my 2600k running at 4.6ghz  and it telling me that I need to buy a new PC is quite frankly insulting and arrogant.

For a tech company that is aiming its products at PC enthusiasts who know what they are doing, they are doing a wonderful job of putting them off buying any of their products. Technologies can sometimes fail because of pricing, unreliability or simply because the people making the hardware really have no idea who or how to interact with their customers.

At this point if I do invest in VR tech I am at this point more likely to go and buy a Vive.

zboson
Superstar

GTX 1060 here, Oculus say it's not good enough. "Get a 970 or higher" it says... piss off.

Are you sure it's due to the GTX 1060?  I was thinking of getting at GTX 1060 in a laptop because I work mobile a lot.

zboson
Superstar

Exactly this annoying message is not only irritating it stops you from playing (and buying) any games from the Oculus store.

How is it stopping you from playing and buying games from the Oculus Store?  I have had this stupid warning since day 1. I have never used a system that did not have this stupid warning. It's never stopped me from buying or playing games from the Oculus Store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

zboson said:

Are you sure it's due to the GTX 1060?  I was thinking of getting at GTX 1060 in a laptop because I work mobile a lot.

The GTX 1060 is faster on average than the GTX 970 and it has added VR features like simultaneous multi-projection, so it is more than good enough to power the Oculus Rift. I have no idea why it would get rejected by the compatibility tool.

TheJoghurt
Explorer
@Oculus: Please let us switch this off!