cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HTV Vive only software on Rift

Stairmand
Adventurer
There are plenty of games on Steam that list only Vive support. As the Vive uses OpenVR how come they don't work on the Rift? Is It possibly to get them to work, it seems a shame we getting HMD specific games especially as the Vive has software to allow Rift support.
5 REPLIES 5

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm not certain that Vive exclusives are a real thing. I've downloaded free demo's from Steam that only list the Vive, but I was still able to see them with my Rift. However, due to the current absence of Touch controllers, I wasn't able to do much - and often times couldn't get beyond the menu screen. Yet I was definitely inside the games VR environment.

Do you have a specific example?

Stairmand
Adventurer
Nothing specific, however if you list VR games on Steam there are loads that don't list Rift support.

benplace
Rising Star
Zenbane is right, its not that they won't work with the Rift, it is that there are no touch controllers yet and the games require it.

EliteSPA
Superstar
Didnt know about htv vive 😛
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

CrashFu
Consultant
It'll be interesting to see how many Vive games will support Touch the day it comes out (or by the time most of us have our hands on it, at least).

I know a couple people around here have got their hands on developer units, so hopefully those people can give us an idea of what (notable titles) already have that support and what don't.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.