cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS Touch Controllers 199 euro! Release 21-11-16 Turned up in German Media Markt webshop

ClassicGamerNL
Expert Protege

Media Markt in Germany announced the price and release date for the
Oculus Touch controllers! The price will be 199 euro's and the release date
appear to be November 21 2016. Furthermore, the specs of the controllers are
shown. They are 114.3 mm wide and 96.5 mm high and the depth is 104.1 mm.
The controllers weight just 127.6 g. We don't see anything about a second
sensor. The most striking is that no sensor is mentioned anywhere. Is the sensor still included? 

0285tzhm29o5.png
We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.
89 REPLIES 89

Greyman
Superstar
at the very least this looks like Media Markt have jumped the gun or perhaps more likely, perhaps supported by the lack of a mention of a camera, it is some form of hoax.  

Looking at the Media Markt website now, unless they have realised their mistake and removed the price, it looks like someone might have just got a little creative with photoshop and added the price box.

Might be better to just wait for an official announcement or launch.

scopus321
Expert Protege
FAKE!

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
That pricetag is realistic, imo.  
Media Markt is a retail partner of Oculus and they even have demostations with Touch. So it all seems very plausible to me.

Rifts
Adventurer
Seems like a legit leak. There's even an article about it on UploadVR:

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-retail-partner-potentially-leaks-touch-price-date/

199€ is actually cheaper than I thought

ClassicGamerNL
Expert Protege
It is not a fake guys. It is a real mistake by Media Markt. I saved the page on The Way Back machine if you want to see the specs.
We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.

benplace
Rising Star
That also may be the street date for release.  Pre order people should get a chance to order theirs early.

danknugz
Superstar
I thought irine said october
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
$300 ouch...seems a bit high, but probably not bad if you include retail markup.

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Sounds steep to me, for two glorified wii controllers. About £170 direct conversion, and that's with out adding the we hate the British TAX 🙂

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz