cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS Touch Controllers 199 euro! Release 21-11-16 Turned up in German Media Markt webshop

ClassicGamerNL
Expert Protege

Media Markt in Germany announced the price and release date for the
Oculus Touch controllers! The price will be 199 euro's and the release date
appear to be November 21 2016. Furthermore, the specs of the controllers are
shown. They are 114.3 mm wide and 96.5 mm high and the depth is 104.1 mm.
The controllers weight just 127.6 g. We don't see anything about a second
sensor. The most striking is that no sensor is mentioned anywhere. Is the sensor still included? 

0285tzhm29o5.png
We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.
89 REPLIES 89

fuchsi891
Protege
awesome i hope the pre order guys will get theirs sooner...i hope for the 21 november. greez

Uberwolfe
Adventurer
If that price is true, count me out.

Absolutely not paying AUD$300 for the controllers.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Uberwolfe said:

Would you pay $293 AUD?

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
I got my DK2 at $340.  If they think those controllers alone are only $40 less in value than an entire HMD plus camera than they are insane

fuchsi891
Protege
they are awesome !!!

fuchsi891
Protege
i thought 299 but 199 is awesome with the cam without it its,...not good ...100 more for the 2nd sensor maybe ?

Conan
Expert Protege
If that price is true then im out

Zandil
Rising Star
While $300 AUD is a bit steeper than I thought, it is still cheaper than the Vive package who promoted there unit as a Premium VR experience. 
Add in Oculus huge shipping costs we could be looking at $400.00 AUD

Zandil
Rising Star
Maybe Oculus will do a trade in price on my Xbox controller for a new Touch  😉

kojack
MVP
MVP

Uberwolfe said:

Way cheaper than my joystick (that I mainly use for Elite Dangerous in VR), similar to my force feedback wheel (that I only use in VR), a little bit more than my rudder pedals, same as my headphones, same as my Space Pilot Pro controller. When the HMD cost around $780au, $293 for controllers and a second camera doesn't seem that unreasonable.

If you add up the price of buying 2 Vive wands plus a single lighthouse box (so equivalent to what Touch comes with) it costs $514au. Well, it would, HTC refuses to sell accessories to australia, I had to go to the american page and convert the prices.

Arock387 said:

I got my DK2 at $340.  If they think those controllers alone are only $40 less in value than an entire HMD plus camera than they are insane

Are you talking about US or AU dollars? The DK2 was $350us which was around $457au. But you are comparing it to the $293au price of the Touch, so they are $164au cheaper than the DK2, not $40au.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2