cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing experience

CHE
Explorer
Hello, i still dont have my CV1 but im curious of how much can i walk with 1 camera?
15 REPLIES 15

Hodders67
Protege

I am able to fully walk around the entire room that I have my Rift in pretty well - the tracking seems pretty stable even when facing away from the sensor and over 8ft away from it - I imagine a 2nd sensor that comes with Touch will help that out quite a bit. It also sounds like Oculus is developing a chaperone system which could help a bit. My experience with the CV1 so far has been pretty much full room scale - many games and experiences allow you to take as many steps in any direction that you want to, and I prefer to play about everything standing up. Believe it or not, I am down 23 pounds since I got my Rift. (I've also been a diet - but I don't spend nearly as many hours sitting on my ass playing games as I used to, with Rift I am moving a little bit constantly for hours!)

i need to demand that the wife lets me empty the spare bedroom so i can set up for room scale lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the game I 'walked around' the most was Farlands, I used to walk all over the place(given I have a tiny space to move around). I'd be really disoriented when I took my rift off thinking I was facing forward but was not at all 😛 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to fully walk around the entire room that I have my Rift in pretty well - the tracking seems pretty stable even when facing away from the sensor and over 8ft away from it - I imagine a 2nd sensor that comes with Touch will help that out quite a bit. It also sounds like Oculus is developing a chaperone system which could help a bit. My experience with the CV1 so far has been pretty much full room scale - many games and experiences allow you to take as many steps in any direction that you want to, and I prefer to play about everything standing up. Believe it or not, I am down 23 pounds since I got my Rift. (I've also been a diet - but I don't spend nearly as many hours sitting on my ass playing games as I used to, with Rift I am moving a little bit constantly for hours!)

Again, just my opinion, but I think Oculus should make a chaperone-type system a very high priority. Without chaperone, I'd probably have broken at least one limb and both wands by now, not to mention my monitor 😛

And yes, VR is a good way to lose weight. I've certainly not been dieting, but I've lost weight too from VR gaming, not to mention generally feeling fitter

pjenness
Rising Star
The walls of my office are the limiting factor for my CV1,
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

GregSnell
Protege
Without chaperone, I'm a bit afraid to leave my chair.  I quickly wound my cord around the base of my office chair in damaged core.  I may try standing this weekend, but I'm only a few feet from my pricey oled tv...

HiThere_
Superstar
With some cable management (~20$) you can get rid of the cable issue, then it comes down to the room size you have available. But with 6D hand controllers over half the space can be required for arm clearance, at which point in a small room (2m x 2m) there just isn't enough space left to walk in (unless you keep your arms along your body).