cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our new VR game - Weeping Doll

TianSheMedia
Explorer
Hi everyone,

We have been working on our debut title Weeping Doll and we recently published on steam greenlight, please check it out http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741515419

We wanted to hear what you guys think about the concept, the art and our trailer. We plan on release on Oculus, Steam and PSVR. 

Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Looks cool will it have Vive wand or Touch interactions with objects though, something which was absent from The Assembly and diminished the immersion. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

TianShe
Honored Guest

Looks cool will it have Vive wand or Touch interactions with objects though, something which was absent from The Assembly and diminished the immersion. 

Hi, I'm producer of Weeping Doll. Motion control is definitely something that will enhance the immersive feeling of VR game. However, we found that to do motion control and gamepad control both right, it requires 2 sets of interaction design and implementation. Due to limited programmer resource, we decided to release the gamepad version first, which can be enjoyed by all Oculus owners, since gamepad is bundled with all Oculus Rift, Touch is optional.
To be assured, we designed the gamepad interaction to be comforted, none dizziness and none fatigue. After mastering it, I'm sure players can be immersed in our game for a long period of time.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Thanks for clarification. So if I understand correctly you will add motion controls at a later date. Cool.

I know I'll be slated for saying this but I'm going to anyway. I'm sure some people might believe Oculus have been  holding back VR game development in some ways with their reliance on the Xbox One controller being bundled with the Rift instead of Touch. It means games like this one which look like a natural fit for motion controls doesn't have them because of this decision.  Same goes for The Assembly and no doubt several other games.

The problem with Touch releasing in the coming months is it will cause a divide between an already niche market. Only the devs with the resources/manpower will want to develop for it due to the fact it's easier to go with the bundled Xbox One controls because this has the greatest reach/audience.

I hope TianShe Media can work some magic and add Touch/Wand controls post release.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

zboson
Superstar
What I think is that I want this game now!  Please publish on the Oculus Store as soon as it's ready. Don't be afraid to publish in early access if you have a demo.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks awesome! Are you planning to launch on the Oculus Store?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
I'd buy this!

TianShe
Honored Guest
Thanks for the support, guys!

@cybereality, yes! we are doing the final tests, plan to submit to the release channel of Oculus by the end of next week.

TianSheMedia
Explorer
Hi everyone! We got Greenlit on Friday, a big thank you to everyone that voted 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
This looks absolutely amazing 🙂 great job

But I thought that VR games didn't need to get greenlit , I thought you only need to contact steam and show them your game , so why did you need to get greenlit ?
also ,do you need to reach the 10000 likes or it has a lower threshold ?