cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got My Oculus Glasses!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Just picked these up and they are perfect for using Rift.

kdf6wckpfczl.jpg

The rimless frame and thin arms are great for fitting inside the headset. Very comfortable. And the lenses are nearly the same size as the Rift lenses, so I can get the full FOV while playing. 

The model number is "Airlock Wisdom 203" if anyone wants to get them.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
44 REPLIES 44

crim3
Expert Protege
The best of LASIK is that you get far better sight that than anyone with exceptional natural good sight. It's an artificial super-sight. The details you can resolve keeps you amazed for a good time after the surgery. I used to stare at trees or city buildings because anything with high detailed patterns (like leaves or windows in buildings) becomes a pleasure to look at.
Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anyone losing sight for LASIK his/her eyes after reading this.

DavidLively
Explorer
Make prescription Rift lenses. Charge me $500. I'll happily hand over my credit card and second-born child. (He has it coming, anyway.)

TC1999
Adventurer
Cyber are your glasses single vision. Do you use normal everyday glasses in the rift. I now have glasses for when using the monitor, reading glasses and my normal ones for general use.

Which do I use in the rift?

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I need to where glasses in the rift but mine simply are not comfortable, without the glasses the picture is looking blurry/washy. Cyber looks like we have alternative

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Out of curiosity does this mean the FREE inserts we were meant to be getting to use with glasses is now 100% out of the window?  I am a bit miffed at that to be honest.

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-shipping-with-multiple-facial-interfaces/

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant
I have glasses where I cut the frames (that go around the ears) off.I use string in its place. The comfort is amazing without those frames.

HiThere_
Superstar
While cutting out glass branches is a working solution to a half baked CV1, the better solution is to cut out VR headsets with no diopter dials out of the VR industry : I got tricked once, but now that I have I was so disappointed I am never buying one of those again.

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
Has anyone had issues with their eyeglasses scratching the Rift lenses?  I'd prefer to wear my glasses since my contacts are usually dried out by night time, which is when I do most gaming...  

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
No scratching of the rift lenses or the glasses here.  Glasses are completely unnoticeable in the rift, only problem is I find they do shift just a tiny enough bit that my eyelashes touch my glasses.  So I end up with bunches of little eyelash smudges right in front of my eyes on my glasses. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
@TC1999 The glasses I use for Rift are the same prescription as my everyday glasses. I am near-sighted, my strength is around -3.5, I believe. The narrow rimless frames fit perfectly, though I had to try on dozens of glasses to find these ones that worked. I haven't had a problem with scratches.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV