cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus has started "losing" the sensor

kzintzi
Trustee
a slightly annoying thing has started happening in the past few days.. basically if I leave the rift alone for a few hours and then put it on it "loses" the sensor.

the annoying thing is that it's not the sensor that's the issue; if I disconnect the headset USB cable from the PC and reconnect it, it comes back and all is well (until the next time). the first time it happened I spent a few minutes pfaffing around with the sensor and trying to re-calibrate, and it wasn't until I started disconnecting and reconnecting everything individually to track down the issue that I found it. My PC is wired into my desk and it's a pain in the #rse to climb under and reach into the cables to do this.

up until now it's been flawless and I can't see anything that's changed on the OS side (no windows updates have happened - I haven't installed the windows 10 anniversary pack so it can't be that), so has there been an update to home that I missed? I've had some family stuff happen over the past week that's got me distracted so I may have missed it?

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, there are about a dozen threads about the USB disconnection issue. The 1.8 update that started rolling out last night has some fixes for this, but we are still unsure of the core issue at hand.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kzintzi
Trustee
ok cool - thanks @cybereality

had one of those paranoid "noooo, my cable is damaged - which of the kids touched it but didn't tell me" moments :wink:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

inovator
Consultant
It started happening to me tonight. Any way to fix this problem?