cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hyper Real Lighting and Materials System (Download link)

viewport
Protege
Download a slice of our new hyper realistic real-time VR lighting and physically based material system. Created in Unity and optimised at 90fps. [Download for HTC Vive or Oculus Rift here.] http://www.viewport.com.au ---> Downloads ---> Download LightRoom Oculus/Vive

If you have trouble finding the download section, just keep scrolling down and you should see it.

11 REPLIES 11

Vitalogy
Protege
This is simply amazing!

The scale is a bit off but VR never looked that real to me. I never though that it would be possible to get this quality with the current resolution of the Rift.

This need to be the new Oculus Home.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Vitalogy - You can get quality with the current resolution when things are as close up as this. It's when things get further away that the resolution in the Rift suffers.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
Very nice

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think CV1 can do some pretty crazy things already. It's really neat:) You guys should make a beach area as well using the same tech ^__^ so that way I can chill out and listen to the sounds of birds, people playing, and the waves hitting the beach 🙂 

lovethis said:
@Vitalogy - You can get quality with the current resolution when things are as close up as this. It's when things get further away that the resolution in the Rift suffers.
True, but we can over come that with a depth of field effect once we have eye tracking. By the time we have DOF, we should have 2k screens per eye or maybe 4k depending how far technology/tricks with vr we can come up with to require less resources.

zboson
Superstar
This amazing. I have written a real time Whitted style ray tracer in OpenCL but it does not compare to what you have done. Awesome to see that you did this with Unity as well.

Warbloke
Superstar

Totally unrealistic -   No ones living room as THAT tidy !

Only joking -  a basic room with not much in it, but graphically that's brilliant.
I love the lighting effects, the shiny floor... the reflection in the wall painting... just fantastic - well done!

What I didn't like is that the TV doesn't work, and no matter how hard I try - I just cant seem to reach that bottle of damn wine 😞

Its also weird that I can poke my head literally through the wall like a ghostie, and can see into the garden.  Maybe the walls shouldn't let you lean 'through them' ?

I totally have my 'vr legs' as they say - If I stood up and moved around this room with the controller.... this is the first time Ive experienced having to adjust my own physical balance... perhaps this is the first demo where the graphics were looking realistic enough to trick me into believing !

In a previous thread somewhere, it was once asked what experiences you show friends first... and I voted for Showdown.  That's still right up there... but this little room is now on my list .

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

Funmotion
Protege
Showdown was sweet, would love a FPS like it

Funmotion
Protege
Holy cow that looks great

lol @Warbloke

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Reflections are good. But the scale is totally off. I'm feeling like a giant in a cage. Could you fix that?
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛