Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Touch price "leak"

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
87 REPLIES 87

eloquencemotion
Explorer
I hope the psvr is a massive success so it shakes up oculus and forces them to lower their prices to maintain their market share of vr.

With the Playstation pro set to up the visual detail, they're going to have to contend with a massive user base who have no interest in pc gaming. Developers will go where the money is.

Funmotion
Protege
you think there will be enough for everyone or will they be sold out?

Warbloke
Superstar
Dunno, but it would be funny if it was announced that due to limited stock - purchases are limited to 1 per person.  Then when you opened the box... you only had 1 controller... so could only use one hand. lol
"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

kernow
Heroic Explorer

Warbloke said:

[...] purchases are limited to 1 per person.  Then when you opened the box... you only had 1 controller... so could only use one hand. lol

At least you would have at least one hand in. However, for some VR genres, I'm guessing they only need one hand because the other will already be in use. 😛

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@Warbloke ahhhh but it would leave the other hand free, no ? 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warbloke said:

Dunno, but it would be funny if it was announced that due to limited stock - purchases are limited to 1 per person.  Then when you opened the box... you only had 1 controller... so could only use one hand. lol

It would be kind of funny:) but my understanding is that because of the rift design and many parts - it was easy for it to have some back draws when making the unit. With the simple design of touch - there should be enough for everyone pretty quickly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1795374/iphone-7-delays-on-uk-launch-day-spark-twitter-fury-as-some-to...

Looks like the new iphone is also getting a bit of fury over delays xD

Greyman
Superstar
I'm perhaps a little odd, ok forget the perhaps, but I am equally looking forward to having two cameras.  I occasionally get some visual odd effects when I'm looking over my shoulder or at my undercarriage, no comments please, in Dcs world and my position relative to the single camera appears to make a difference.  With two, if they work as I think they do, there will be less chance of the Rift being unseen by both cameras.

ok, back on topic, I am still looking forward to trying out some of the non-cockpit game, dead and buried and maybe hover Junkers being good examples.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I just came from the GAME webshop and all it says is that Touch is "coming soon". Seems strange you can supposedly pre-order it in GAME in London, but nowhere else. I'll pop in the local store on Friday and see what they say - but I think I know what that will be, already.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

kojack
MVP
MVP

blanes said:

Holy Fat Beach Batman !  😮  That's about $327 oz  -  I be game padding for a long time more  :s

If the english price isn't bloated compared to the direct us dollar exchange rate, then taking into account 20% vat in england and 10% gst in australia, the price would be around $296au.
But then they will probably add at least $100au for shipping (CV1 was going to be around $180au shipping, if they made us pay it).

We really need to know the US price though, since they will be billing us in US dollars like the CV1, the english price may not represent the price we pay (as people in europe and england know, a set local price may not match the exchange rate).

Still works out cheaper than my HOTAS Warthog. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Well Kojack I'm still hoping we get a % discount for pre-ordering Touch when ordering the Rift. 

Fingers (and other bits) crossed.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.