cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch Pre-Order Resevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like many of you I checked the box to reserve my spot for the Touch Controllers.  I waited the entire time for my Rift to show up and I'm hoping that we will truly have our spots reserved.

Palmer did say
"Good news, everyone: When you preorder Rift, you also reserve your spot for Touch preorders. First in line for Rift=First in line for Touch."

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/684490123224858624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

@cybereality
Do you know if Palmer's above statement is still true, or are we going to get ignored even though we reserved our spot in line?

I'm so looking forward to the Touch Controllers and they are almost here.  🙂

KG

9 REPLIES 9

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You can probably buy them in a shop before your pre order comes through 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I'm going to wait for them to get to Amazon, it seems alot of people that pre-ordered their rifts got them after many people that just walked into Best Buy or purchased them from Amazon.

blanes
Rising Star
What ?  mine arrived weeks ago !   didn't Palmer fly out to your place too ?   😮

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Techy111
I'm hoping that Oculus honors their pre-order reservations and give us a change to get them before shipping them to stores. 

@falken76
I was one of the people that waited.  It freaking sucked because there were people that bought it just because they could.  They (some) had never heard of it until Amazon.  Talking about a kick to the nuts.

edit: I added (some) because I know of a few people that had never really wanted or heard of it until the release date.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes that's true. Everyone that pre-ordered the Rift during the time period has a place in line for Touch.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

HiThere_
Superstar

falken76 said:

I'm going to wait for them to get to Amazon, it seems alot of people that pre-ordered their rifts got them after many people that just walked into Best Buy or purchased them from Amazon.

It's more like "a few" (hundred) people got their CV1 months before most of the (tens of thousands of) people that had pre-ordered theirs months before could...

Basically they instantly bypassed everyone that had failed to pre-order their CV1 within the first handful of minutes of the pre-orders going live (which was a bit of an almost one hour long chaotic mess by the way).

But it's fun to watch the story evolve. Next spicy story should be about those retail bypassers who never pre-ordered anything also ending up at the very front of the Touch pre-order queue or not 🙂

falken76
Expert Consultant

@Techy111
I'm hoping that Oculus honors their pre-order reservations and give us a change to get them before shipping them to stores. 

@falken76
I was one of the people that waited.  It freaking sucked because there were people that bought it just because they could.  They (some) had never heard of it until Amazon.  Talking about a kick to the nuts.

edit: I added (some) because I know of a few people that had never really wanted or heard of it until the release date.

I was one of those people.  I remember seeing Rift as DK2 and thinking "That looks cool, but the computer required will probably cost as much as a car".  Years later I was looking at things on Amazon and saw the Rift CV1 and though "I remember this, I'll try it out, if it sucks I can just return it directly to Amazon"  I wouldn't have bought it if it were not on Amazon because they have awesome shipping service and an excellent return policy.  If the computer couldn't handle it I'd just return it which I'd bet dollars to donuts is NOT the policy Oculus themselves would share with me as a consumer.  The same shipping and return policy is why I'll buy the touch from Amazon even though I don't see me returning them.  I do not think I'll be able to get them faster than pre-order this time because Oculus is releasing an accessory this time and they have experience with distribution now.  On top of that, this is coming out in the midst of the holiday season so not only will it be sold as gifts as soon as it's released, my disposable income is going to be tied up when it comes out.

falken76
Expert Consultant

Cyril said:

falken76 said:

It's more like "a few" (hundred) people got their CV1 months before most of the (tens of thousands of) people that had pre-ordered theirs months before could...

Basically they instantly bypassed everyone that had failed to pre-order their CV1 within the first handful of minutes of the pre-orders going live (which was a bit of an almost one hour long chaotic mess by the way).

But it's fun to watch the story evolve. Next spicy story should be about those retail bypassers who never pre-ordered anything also ending up at the very front of the Touch pre-order queue or not 🙂

Doesn't matter to me at this point, the release date is so close to christmas, I won't have disposable income for this until after the season and it'll be in the retail stores for sure by then.

HiThere_
Superstar
Hopefully the difference would be unnoticeable.

I'm more worried about the long term impact of CV1 having acquired it's 6D hand input after both the HTC Vive and PSVR, despite that technology being available at an affordable cost since 2011 : Imagine if every DK2 had been delivered with a default Razer Hydra controller, and the second Jam had been a Razer Hydra Jam instead of a mobile Jam... today Oculus VR would be two years ahead of the competition, instead of behind it.