Lost all respect for Palmer and Oculus - Page 6 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lost all respect for Palmer and Oculus

12346»

Comments

• @CrashFu They look like emails to me and not twitter conversations. They have email address, subject line, body of text and all that again from sender. I don't think it's as easy to fake emails as everyone wants to believe. They will be copies on servers. If these are fake, then they can be proven fake and Oculus and Palmer would have a very strong case for libel. Instead we just have the very soft : "The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views". Not, "I never said any of that, I'm gonna sue !"
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,106 Valuable Player
    This criticism of Palmer Luckey is incredible!

Here we have umpteen tech Titans, everyone from Mark Zuckerberg to Tim Cook, coming out blatantly in support of Hillary Clinton and the democrats (because they want the cheap H-1B visa  workers) and, aside from Peter Thiel, we have ONE other tech guy who supports the Republican presidential candidate and Oh My God! It's a national scandal!!!

Like I said, incredible. 
    Trump's campaign runs specifically on racism, bigotry, and hate-speech. That's the difference. When you accept the truth of the situation, it becomes less incredible, and more... common sense.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    I don't think it's as easy to fake emails as everyone wants to believe.
    Now you're just saying things that show your own limitations. Anyone with moderate coding skills can change emails on the actual server in which they reside. They can even be modified in transit.

It's not about "believing" it is possible, it is about having a solid technical understanding of how to do it. I've been a software engineer for over a decade, and changing emails is child's play.
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 912
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    Trump's campaign runs specifically on racism, bigotry, and hate-speech. That's the difference. When you accept the truth of the situation, it becomes less incredible, and more... common sense.
    Trump never called a KKK leader "My friend and mentor." Hillary DID call a KKK leader "My friend and mentor." And, yes, she knew he was a KKK leader at the time she said it. And yes, there's a picture of them kissing each other. 

The world is more complex and nuanced than you seem to believe. You want to rethink your statement?
    edited September 2016
    Trump never called a KKK leader "My friend and mentor." Hillary DID call a KKK leader "My friend and mentor." And, yes, she knew he was a KKK leader at the time she said it. And yes, there's a picture of them kissing each other. 

The world is more complex and nuanced than you seem to believe. You want to rethink your statement?
    Dig up whatever dirt you like, we are talking about the future. Trump's campaign promises a future of bigotry, racism, and hatred. Hillary is not asking American's to embrace the KKK.

EDIT:
    Since you brought up the KKK, they have officially endorsed Trump as president,

“I think Donald Trump would be best for the job,” the KKK leader, only identified as the “Imperial Wizard,” told NBC affiliate WWBT 12. “The reason a lot of Klan members like Donald Trump is because a lot of what he believes in, we believe in. We want our country to be safe.”

http://www.thewrap.com/ku-klux-klan-leader-endorses-donald-trump-for-president-video/

And a full history lesson on Trump and the KKK,
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-and-the-ku-klux-klan-a-history

I didn't realize any of this til now, thanks for bringing it up lol

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 912
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    Dig up whatever dirt you like, we are talking about the future. Trump's campaign promises a future of bigotry, racism, and hatred. Hillary is not asking American's to embrace the KKK.
    No, Trump's campaign promises a future where we protect our own borders, a right every other nation on earth has, where other nations respect our SOVEREIGNTY and we respect it ourselves, a future where we put our own needs ahead of the needs of other nations, a nation in which we don't believe in starting unnecessary wars around the world, and then wondering why everyone hates us.

Sovereignty, yes, SOVEREIGNTY, now that's a fine word son, I suggest you look it up.
    The KKK officially endorses your brainwashed point of view. Brainwashed, that's an accurate word child, I suggest you look it up,
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,502 Valuable Player
    >"I will stick to calling you "kevin" and watch you read my posts line by line looking for references that you can quote hump. You're far from a grownup intellectually."

Love to see you squim @Zenbrain - the more you try and defend your troll-cheerleading the more you reveal what an empty vessel you are. Unhappy with others positions. The level of percieved entitlement and just sad attacks on others achievements. What a empty old person, I will give you the one thing you will hate the most... my pitty.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    So dramatic, kevin. I like it.
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,502 Valuable Player
    edited September 2016
    Yes, for once I agree, it did come over kind of 'over dramatic' - let me reword it... you are entitled to your position which I disagree with.. better.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • wickfutwickfut Posts: 202
    Art3mis
    this is hilarious. Those poor cogs in Zenbane's brain must be working overtime to try and rationalise all this. fucking gold.

Go on Zenbane, become the ultimate cuck, sell your racist KKK rift and buy a Vive.  

• Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    At the end of the day he's entitled to his own views, he's also entitled to spend his money how he likes. Get a grip people.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • AroddoAroddo Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    At the end of the day he's entitled to his own views, he's also entitled to spend his money how he likes. Get a grip people.

Well, so am I.
    And I will not spend my money on a bloody Trump supporter.
    It's like supporting a dumb Hitler.
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    edited September 2016
    Palmer reponds : "I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views.

Here’s more background: I contributed $10,000 to Nimble America because I thought the organization had fresh ideas on how to communicate with young voters through the use of several billboards. I am a libertarian who has publicly supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in the past, and I plan on voting for Gary in this election as well.

I am committed to the principles of fair play and equal treatment. I did not write the "NimbleRichMan" posts, nor did I delete the account. Reports that I am a founder or employee of Nimble America are false. I don’t have any plans to donate beyond what I have already given to Nimble America.

Still, my actions were my own and do not represent Oculus. I’m sorry for the impact my actions are having on the community."

I just wanna quote this, because I think this is going lost in all the hate shit and it is the most important post of all.

And here is the Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209141115659366&id=1063830478
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • wickfutwickfut Posts: 202
    Art3mis
    edited September 2016
    http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8836/rZ1i2G.jpg

anyway...  If you're daft enough to not to buy a product you really want because a single guy in the company decides to support your opposing political stance then I hope all the water companies come out in support of trump too. Natural selection and all that. 

[edit]

Damn Palmer. You appolgised to all the political correct clowns when you should have just told them to fuck off. 

• RonsonPLRonsonPL Posts: 1,115
    Trinity
    edited September 2016
    Zenbane The traditional Zenbane. :smile:
    1. No arguments? Insert a picture/gif/video.
    2. Post more than everyone else in this thread combined and then say that it's the two guys who disagree with you are the ones who are blabbing so much.
    3. Don't forget to write that everyone that disagrees is dumb, add "kid" to every response to new person that had the nerve to disagree with The Wise All-knowing Zenbane.
    4. Say that Trump is bad because of what he did like 50 years ago.
    5. When presented with facts proving the alternative is even worse and even more racist, because she supported KKK member, say
    Zenbane said:
    Dig up whatever dirt you like, we are talking about the future.

6. Unwilignly make others laugh :smiley:
    Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore.
    Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash.
    Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,755 Volunteer Moderator
    To close or not to close :| I think we are wondering into the wrong territory here.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    edited September 2016
    Just close it - it's a bunch of none VR related things that people just want to over blow cus of hurt feelings.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,755 Volunteer Moderator
    Ugh, It's in the forum rules. 

Ok guys and gals I am not trying to block "free speech" I am a single party following the rules of the forum. Therefore I am closing this thread and the other one on grounds of political discussion.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/1443/oculus-forum-rules

I know some will probably issue me death threats now :), be gentle! 

Sorry folks!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
This discussion has been closed.