Palmer Luckey attending Trump rally — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Palmer Luckey attending Trump rally

AroddoAroddo Posts: 46
Brain Burst
edited September 2016 in Off-Topic

https://youtu.be/oJLQMbYrAkc?t=1m50s

He donated to the Trump cause just by accident. Yeah, right.

Tagged:

Comments

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    And you are awesome good person that doesnt troll or make silly post.... Yeah right :)
  • AroddoAroddo Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    If you are fine with supporting supporting racist politicians, then that only makes you a bad person on the wrong side of history.
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 912
    3Jane
    NEVER APOLOGIZE!  When you apologize, you send a signal that there was something wrong with what you did.  If what you did was perfectly within your rights, such as supporting a political candidate or funding a political campaign,  then you have absolutely nothing to apologize for.  Apologizing is the worst thing you can do. It causes your enemies to smell blood and only makes them want to attack you more.  When Trump wins by a landslide the hysterical ninnies are going to have major egg on their face, Just as Hillary did when she smeared one half of the American population! 
    edited September 2016
    My name is ADR. I am history :) Give up kid.

It's a beautiful day outside.
    birds are singing, flowers are blooming...
    on days like these, kids like you...

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/06e16d0c36ea96f9c5a4a93401fa9095.wix_mp_1024
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,088 Valuable Player
    edited September 2016
    Aroddo said:
    If you are fine with supporting supporting racist politicians, then that only makes you a bad person on the wrong side of history.
    It's not about being fine with anything, simple boy. It's about the fact that this is a forum to discuss Virtual Reality specific subject matter. I know it can be confusing when the subject is about the personal life of a Virtual Reality business owner, but that is why forums need to have an IQ test before letting people post. So that those who are easily confused can be filtered out.

NEVER APOLOGIZE!  When you apologize, you send a signal that there was something wrong with what you did.  If what you did was perfectly within your rights, such as supporting a political candidate or funding a political campaign,  then you have absolutely nothing to apologize for.  Apologizing is the worst thing you can do. It causes your enemies to smell blood and only makes them want to attack you more.  When Trump wins by a landslide the hysterical ninnies are going to have major egg on their face, Just as Hillary did when she smeared one half of the American population! 
    Most of your political posts contain material found in my Junk email folder. You're a predisposed zealot with Spambot level intellect, I think everyone gets it. No need to continue proving it.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    3Jane
    Zenbane, I'm trying hard not to dislike you but you're making it very difficult. 
    3Jane
    Can I make a speculation here? Is it possible – just possible – that the sudden Palmer Luckey kerfuffle could be a distractionary technique?

Just recently, like last week, a major news item was that a Hillary minion had posted a question on Reddit about how to erase emails.  This was another major scandal for the Clinton campaign and was making big news. Shortly thereafter, this whole Palmer Luckey thing was leaked to the media.  I wonder if this was just to create a distraction from the far more serious issue? 
    edited September 2016
    Zenbane, I'm trying hard not to dislike you but you're making it very difficult. 
    lol, I have the same dilemma. I respect what you said about the Diggers app. Your appreciation for soldiers put you in high regard as far as I'm concerned. However, everything you have said on here politically, including your protest of the Wildlife 360 App simply because it had Obama's picture as the acting president, is really diminishing whatever credibility you tried to give yourself when discussing respect for World War I.

You should really avoid political discussions online. If you can't help yourself, you know I won't censor my replies. If we end up permanently disliking our e-Personas, I'm perfectly fine with that. That being said, I like the cybernettr that demonstrated an above and beyond respect for soldiers. I do not like the cybernettr who continues to hate-post in favor of a hate-filled campaign. Hillary may be scum for many reasons, but she is not openly trying to build a campaign on hate. People have to dig up dirt on her to convince others that she is hateful. With Trump, all anyone has to do is listen to him speak. He is asking everyone to hate along with him.

I prefer to keep this forum clear of political discussion. I think those posters who are trying to act like they will boycott Oculus because of Palmers actions are childish, meaningless, and completely ineffective. Hell, most of them probably made their posts while wearing the Oculus Rift and using Virtual Desktop. But falling for their bait and advocating for Trump completely derails the issue, and turns the conversation hateful.

I have yet to see these "boycott Oculus" trolls actually campaign for Hillary. They are simply (wrongfully) judging Oculus based on Palmer's actions. But folks like you are responding terribly by advocating and campaigning for Trump. I wanna like you too, bra', but you're making it super duper crazy hard :*
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    And?

Can we please have this deleted? Where are the mods? This is political bull and it has no place in here. Not only that, it's US political bull, so why should the rest of us have to put up with it in our hobby forum?

To those whinging about what this guy gets up to in his own time - I suggest you go and get yourselves a life. Or even better, put your Rifts on and enjoy your spare time instead of just spreading the hate.

• GoinSaneGoinSane Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Oh, is this a political forum?

Hillary for Prison 2016!
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,112 Volunteer Moderator
    Weather is nice this time of year isn't it ? May just wear my Rift outside :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    Hillary may be scum for many reasons, but she is not openly trying to build a campaign on hate. People have to dig up dirt on her to convince others that she is hateful. With Trump, all anyone has to do is listen to him speak. He is asking everyone to hate along with him.
    Nothing Trump has said is hateful. Protecting our borders is not hateful; it's the sovereign right of every nation. I do respect our soldiers, which is why I don't like unnecessary military actions, like Hillary and Obama have gotten us into (and in fairness, Bush before them), and that I think Trump will help us avoid. 
    Nothing Trump has said is hateful.
    I guess the reason you liked the Diggers application so much is because you are obsessed with digging yourself in a hole intellectually. You confirm your limitations with each propaganda ridden post.

I can understand now why you are not capable of seeing the "hate" in Trump's rhetoric; the KKK shares your logic and sentiment,

In a sit-down interview with a Richmond news station, the Imperial Wizard of the Rebel Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan said Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump is his candidate for President.
    The KKK leader, identified by WWBT only as “Imperial Wizard,” also insisted his organization is not a hate group, telling the station’s black anchor, “We don’t hate anyone.”

In related news,

David Duke, the former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard, spoke about his admiration for Donald Trump and his own U.S. Senate campaign on Sept. 19 at his home in Mandeville, La.

I look forward to continued banter with you, child.
    3Jane
    That's called guilt by association, little boy. I try to be polite to you and you have to come out with something rude. The Child Molesters of America could support Hillary and it wouldn't be her fault. You can't judge somebody by who supports them. Logic 101. Duh. 
    edited September 2016
    You're the same guy who denies that Trump is racist, and when you are presented with record evidence of his racism all you say is, "nope, can't see it."

Trumps hate is also well documented. My post wasn't about presenting guilt by association; I simply acknowledge that you deny facts and make the same arguments as the aforementioned organization.

You haven't mastered Reading, Writing, and general Memorization. Logic 101 is far beyond your reach.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,732 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    Nothing Trump has said is hateful.
    I guess the reason you liked the Diggers application so much is because you are obsessed with digging yourself in a hole intellectually. You confirm your limitations with each propaganda ridden post.

I can understand now why you are not capable of seeing the "hate" in Trump's rhetoric; the KKK shares your logic and sentiment,

In a sit-down interview with a Richmond news station, the Imperial Wizard of the Rebel Brigade Knights of the Ku Klux Klan said Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump is his candidate for President.
    The KKK leader, identified by WWBT only as “Imperial Wizard,” also insisted his organization is not a hate group, telling the station’s black anchor, “We don’t hate anyone.”

In related news,

David Duke, the former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard, spoke about his admiration for Donald Trump and his own U.S. Senate campaign on Sept. 19 at his home in Mandeville, La.

I look forward to continued banter with you, child.
    Doesn't Clinton also have some sort of ties to a member (or was it a leader?) of the KKK..?
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    I think every major industry has direct ties to either the KKK or the Nazi Regime. It's part of America's dark ugly truth. Hillary was busted being pals with an ex-KKK leader; while Trump is the choice for current active leaders. The lesser of two evils should be obvious.
    3Jane
    Yeah, it sure is!
    Zenbane said:
    I think every major industry has direct ties to either the KKK or the Nazi Regime. It's part of America's dark ugly truth. Hillary was busted being pals with an ex-KKK leader; while Trump is the choice for current active leaders. The lesser of two evils should be obvious.
    Both of those evils are as bad as each other as far as I'm concerned. Evil is evil at the end of the day.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Zenbane said:
    The lesser of two evils should be obvious.

What can I say :)
    snowdog said:
    Evil is evil at the end of the day.
    Right, because running a Red Light and murdering someone are both measured the same, at the end of the day.

Although that quote of yours is impressive; sounds like something found inside a fortune cookie at a Halloween Chinese Food Buffet.
    edited September 2016
    Well - Zenbane - I wouldn't use that example xD because in theory - you could. I mean hit someone and that causes you to have murder them in the process. If you didn't run it - then the possibility of that happening is less there for of. Just saying it was a bad example - sorry.
  • KarlHungusKarlHungus Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    TRUMP 2016 - Build The Wall
    Zenbane said:
    snowdog said:
    Evil is evil at the end of the day.
    Right, because running a Red Light and murdering someone are both measured the same, at the end of the day.

Although that quote of yours is impressive; sounds like something found inside a fortune cookie at a Halloween Chinese Food Buffet.
    So are you saying that Clinton's association with the KKK is running a red light and Trump's association is murder..? As far as the KKK is concerned both should be viewed as murder, particularly for a Presidential candidate.

Mradr said:
    Well - Zenbane - I wouldn't use that example xD because in theory - you could. I mean hit someone
    Running a Red Light without any other incident happening?
    snowdog said:
    So are you saying that Clinton's association with the KKK is running a red light and Trump's association is murder..? As far as the KKK is concerned both should be viewed as murder, particularly for a Presidential candidate.

The moment you introduced the general rule that all evil is the same at the end of the day, we left politics altogether. I'm fascinated by the fact that you believe there are no varying degrees of evil. Tell me more :p
  • ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    Looks like the Red Tint has found it's way back from the Rift to the Forum?
    Oh well, keeps the Forum ticking along.

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,286 Volunteer Moderator
    I understand that a lot of people want to talk about the recent issue (I do too). But all that these threads achieve is anger and abusive posts between forum members. Nobody is going to change their opinion and continued threads on the same topic just clog up this VR forum with a topic that is against the rules.

There are MANY other places where you can discuss this freely, let's try to keep this the place where VR is more important than which side of the political spectrum you lean towards.
This discussion has been closed.