cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRInvestigation

AntoineR
Honored Guest
SHORT DESCRIPTION
In VRInvestigation, you play as a detective looking for clues in order to find the murderer of four persons between seven suspect. The game is finished and ready to play!

You can buy the game here for 1 dollar:
English version:
https://gumroad.com/l/nSsm
French version:
https://gumroad.com/l/STyaC
Or send 1 dollar to my paypal antoine@rigitano.com and I'll PM or email you a link to get the game. (ask if you prefer it in French)
You can find the "How to play" here:
http://www.rigitano.com/VRInvestigation/instructions.html

VIDEO
A low quality video of the gameplay:

(and for some reason Movie Maker changed the horizontal proportions of the dual display, but the real game doesn't have that problem)

A random picture so you can check the real quality:
http://www.rigitano.com/tom.bmp

GAMEPLAY
In each room of the three leveled house, you will find clues and furniture you can interact with.
By pressing E near a clue, you will hear my sensual voice giving you my conclusions about it.
By pressing E near a piece of furniture, you will move it to see if a clue is hidden under it.
When you think you have the identity of the killer, you will have to answer a quizz: who is the killer, what clues did he left... And for bonus points, try to determine if the other suspects also have something to hide.
It was tested by about ten friends and members of my family. The average duration of the game was between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 (quizz included). All the persons that managed to find the identity of the killer did so by checking if each of the suspect's alibi was plausible according to the clues they left.

WHY I WANTED TO DO THAT GAME
VRInvestigation uses the capacity of the Oculus to make you see details you would barely notice on a computer screen: glass marks on a table, blood drops on the floor... I even wrote a full letter myself and took a picture of it to put it in the game, but it's not readable with the current Dev Kit (maybe with the HD screen?)

I look forward for your advices and critics. I'll always be there if you have any question!

Stay safe and don't get yourself killed in the Rift, or you might end up in one of my next games!

The following paragraph is outdated but I'll copy it here so you can understand the next answers:
The game is completed. However, I would like to sell it 1 dollar, and have no idea where to publish it. Is there an official Oculus Rift game selling platform yet? Or do you guys have any advices for me?
And on how to get the attention of as many Rifters as possible?
23 REPLIES 23

AntoineR
Honored Guest
Fixing the menu is on my to do list. I realize I published the game with some imperfections, but I'm leaving today for a place where I may not be able to reupload the game (I will still be able to reach the forum, guaranted)
(of course, whenever I make an improved version of the game, I'll send a free copy to all people that already have a previous version)

Sometimes the game doesn't recognize the oculus at the start.
To fix that:
Type ` (the tilt button) to open the console.
Enter in the console stereo on
And then hmdwarp on
This worked all the time for me, let me know if it fixes your problem.

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
So far so good. Things that I think could improve the game (aside from the menu obviously)

Clues Storage: When you interact with one, the arrow should disappear and stored in some polaroid interface. Because of the resolution of the Rift, I think using polaroids with large text at the bottom of it describing what it is would help a lot. You can navigate the polaroids like a horizontal slider (think Apple Mac OSX Coverflow). Interacting with a selected polaroid will play the voice/dialog for that object.

Clue Highlighting: Its sometimes hard to 'use' a clue as pressing the X or use button won't activate anything unless you are in a specific position. I think if you remove the arrow objects and have objects that can be interacted with highlight, then it would be perfect.

Anyways, I enjoyed it. I'm not going to confirm my idea of who the killer is yet, but I'll give it another look later. Oh and I love a lot of those easter eggs. 😄

Good job man.
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

AntoineR
Honored Guest
You have a lot of great ideas. Definitely going to work on these during the next weeks. Cool that you enjoyed it!

selvamaran
Honored Guest
I had the problem of oculus not being recognized at the start. Yes your suggestions on stereo on and hmdward on fixes it. But i still have the problem of the game being within window and not covering the entire screen (full screen). Because of it i see my desktop screen on the sides and taskbar at bottom and it doesn't feel immersive enough. Hope what I am saying making sense.

AntoineR
Honored Guest
It does, but i've heard people having this problem with udk games in general. Have you for exemple tried rift coaster without having this issue? Thete is right now a thread about this on reddit oculus, you should look at that. Also search for a console command that would turn full screen on. I ll also look for a solution.

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
"selvamaran" wrote:
I had the problem of oculus not being recognized at the start. Yes your suggestions on stereo on and hmdward on fixes it. But i still have the problem of the game being within window and not covering the entire screen (full screen). Because of it i see my desktop screen on the sides and taskbar at bottom and it doesn't feel immersive enough. Hope what I am saying making sense.

Set your native screen resolution to 1280x800 then run the game. That should fix the problem, at least it did for me.
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

AntoineR
Honored Guest
That makes sense. That's the resolution of the Oculus. You don't have this problem with the games that are done with Unity, as you can choose the screen resolution before starting those. But UDK doesn't have that option.

selvamaran
Honored Guest
Set your native screen resolution to 1280x800 then run the game. That should fix the problem, at least it did for me.

Thanks. Setting the native screen to 1200X800 fixed the problem for me too. Though the game is still within the window, when i view in the oculus it is fully immersive and i dont see the edges and bottom of my computer. And as someone mentioned i had the same problems with other UDK demos but i haven't tried them with modified screen resolution yet.

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
I found it funny that someone somewhere complained about the UNity version being inferior. haha Being able to play in full screen without 1280x800 on top of antialiasing, the games look great. I've only seen the pixel jumping and jumble from aliasing in the UDK demos which give me a headache. Too bad options are handled through developer control and not some open runtime window.

AntoineR
Honored Guest
I now accept paypal.
You can send 1 dollar to my paypal antoine@rigitano.com and I'll PM or email you a link to get the game.