cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - sensor is dead. Sensor has been working fine since June but yesterday it suddenly stopped working. Also, yesterday, windows 10 was updated. Please help me out. 

martinkyhl77
Honored Guest
Hi again, it got better with the latest update, but still have issues

Clavus
Protege
This is not a bug with the Rift itself, but rather the Oculus Photos app (I don't know where else to post this) for the Rift. It returns an error when trying to open a panoramic photo (just a large jpeg) with certain characters in its name. For example, we had a file named "20160713_2_Møn, uitzicht bij camping-equirectangular-equirectangular_16384.jpg", and Oculus Photos was unable to open it until I removed the ø from the filename.

Thuro76
Honored Guest
hi i have this problem:
_ Yellow triangle on the rift and USB Sensor (ASMedia with latest drivers)
_ Bought Inateck KTU3FR-5O2U and Rift is about 2.0 port and about 3.0 Sensor
_ The Rift and the sensor still disconnected making the product unusable.

PC hardware:
CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK (MS-7926)

reddeath360
Expert Protege
I have ghosting still never got fix been going on a month or more even

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuck at the first step after opening the box. I downloaded the setup app but it just won't complete the installation, which is supposed to be the easy step. After I click and accept the terms and policy, it just says that it can't connect. It is quiet hilarious because I definitely have internet access, so it must be about something else. Then I spend sometimes searching  this issue on google, but no method solve the problem. I uploaded the log, some help would be greatly appreciate. 
P.S. the website won't allow me to upload the log file so I have to change its file name. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
The installer, sadly, doesn't work if you have non-English characters as your Windows username. You may want to try creating a new user with English characters. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

majordanhoward
Honored Guest
im stuck at the sensor part on the install

martinkyhl77
Honored Guest
Please fix this, it is driving me crazy

martinkyhl77
Honored Guest
useless