cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Q] Disable Gear VR app from auto-loading

shainsaw
Honored Guest
looking for an easy workaround for playing cardboard apps (and FPSe emulator). I found that gently clicking the note into place will prevent the gear vr app from loading but I am looking for an easier method, as this method only works like 1/5 tries. Maybe disabling a service, or a different setting somewhere?
13 REPLIES 13

Pbelcomp
Honored Guest
Just flip the USB up and put the phone underneath it, so the USB is not plugged in.

It looks like they designed it for this purpose.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"shainsaw" wrote:
looking for an easy workaround for playing cardboard apps (and FPSe emulator). I found that gently clicking the note into place will prevent the gear vr app from loading but I am looking for an easier method, as this method only works like 1/5 tries. Maybe disabling a service, or a different setting somewhere?

If your phone is rooted you can use an app called quarantine or Titanium Backup, to freeze or unfreeze the Oculus app.

munkondi
Explorer
having got the Cardboard app in place, does anyone have an easier way of navigating the screen without getting involved with magnets etc?

keb33509
Protege
Use a controller.

norimiko
Honored Guest
"keb33509" wrote:
Use a controller.

Hi everybody,

I tried that with the samsung's gamepad but it didn't work. :?

Regards.

hashcheck
Protege
Freeze gear vr service. Download app Quantine and setup a widget to freeze service when using Google cardboard apps

dcomp1
Honored Guest
Are there any apps that allow quarantine without the device being rooted? Does rooting affect the oculus software at all?

hoaivu1508
Honored Guest

oculusmstdc123
Honored Guest

When we
insert our phone into oculus then oculus home is enabled , we can't run any
app from our phone. This is because of Gear VR service that is running in
background, so this app will enable and disable that service so that you will
be able to run your normal apps and cardboard app in oculus.

- Run this application, then TAP ON the IMAGE of the Oculus to enable/disable the Gear VR Service.
- When Gear VR Service enabled (In Gear VR mode), when you put your phone into the Gear VR headset, no    matter what app is currently playing, it will automatic switch you into the Gear VR starting space. It's a giant living room with the app selection screen.

- When Gear VR Service disabled (In Mobile mode), simply load up the app like the way you normally do, then put the phone in the headset. But now, instead of it switching into Gear VR mode, the app continues to run and you can play it.

How to uninstall:
- This application uses [Device Administrator] permission to work, so go Menu (on top-right corner) then click on Uninstall this app button in this application to uninstall.
- In other way, Go Setting -> Security -> deactivate Device Administrator permission of this app before uninstall normally

Widget: 
-Home screen Widget help you quickly to enable and disable Gear VR Service.Exit app and go to Home screen Press and hold on Home screen for 1 or 2 seconds, select widget.

Note:
- Enable [Gear VR service] which disabled by other Samsung Package Disable app before installing this app
- Turn Off [Power Save Mode] and connect to working Internet to active Samsung SDK license first time run
- It may not work well on some Custom ROM or Rooted devices

Keywords:
Disable For Oculus, oculus disabled, how to disable oculus app, disable oculus home, disable oculus gear vr, how to use gear vr without oculus app, gear vr service app, gear vr service app disable, Disable Oculus, Enable Cardboard, Disable Gear VR

About Us:
We have expertise in Oculus, Gear VR, Augmented reality (AR), Virtual Reality Apps.
We have developed solutions for Oculus, Cardboard VR and specializes in Virtual reality websites. We provide mobile development solutions for small to enterprise level businesses.

Contact Us:
Please feel free to contact us on email: info@myvirtualteams.com

My Disable For Oculus App:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disableforoculus